[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Putting a term prg onto cartridge.

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (01/29/91)

Well, after receiving numerous replies to my request about using a 400 for
a terminal, I've come up with another idea.

What would it take to burn a term prg with my handler for my modem appended
to it onto ROMS to make my own cartridge?  At atari.archive I've gotten the
source for a vt52 emulator with its source code in Action!, is it possible
to make a rommable prg with Action! ?

Any help would be appreciated..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryan 'Gozar' Collins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            o__)\			     rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
           /     )			      RC1DSANU@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
          /     /  ____                       R.COLLINS1  (On GEnie)
         /(____/__(_) o)_/
                      /)			[ || ]   Atari Computers,
      "There is no Substitute."                 [ || ]    They're not just
 Vs lbh pna ernq guvf, lbh'er geniryvat        // || \\   for breakfast
            gbb pybfr!                        //  ||  \\  anymore
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yea, right, thats what I said.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kimes@cbnewsc.att.com (Kit Kimes) (01/30/91)

From article <3559.27a49ec0@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, by (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins):
> Well, after receiving numerous replies to my request about using a 400 for
> a terminal, I've come up with another idea.
>
> What would it take to burn a term prg with my handler for my modem appended
> to it onto ROMS to make my own cartridge?  At atari.archive I've gotten the
> source for a vt52 emulator with its source code in Action!, is it possible
> to make a rommable prg with Action! ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated..............

Ok, lets try this answer for the second time.  This stupid netnews software
is the most unforgiving piece of garbage I have ever seen.

This will be abreviated from what you would have seen if I had been able
to post my first answer.  There is a cartridge based Terminal emulator
called EXPRESS!.  American Techna-Vision lists it in there ads for $67.95.
I have seen it reviewed but have never actually seen it for sale anywhere
locally.  Call and see if they really have it for sale.  The number in
CA is (415)-352-3787.  Why not report back to the net what you find out?
Be sure to ask if it will work with your computer.  Since it is a recent
development, it may only work with the XL/XE series.

Kit Kimes
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
...!att!iwtsa!kimes

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.181013.20613@cbnewsc.att.com>, kimes@cbnewsc.att.com (Kit Kimes) writes:
> From article <3559.27a49ec0@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu>, by (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins):
>> Well, after receiving numerous replies to my request about using a 400 for
>> a terminal, I've come up with another idea.
>>
>> What would it take to burn a term prg with my handler for my modem appended
>> to it onto ROMS to make my own cartridge?  At atari.archive I've gotten the
>> source for a vt52 emulator with its source code in Action!, is it possible
>> to make a rommable prg with Action! ?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated..............
> This will be abreviated from what you would have seen if I had been able
> to post my first answer.  There is a cartridge based Terminal emulator
> called EXPRESS!.  American Techna-Vision lists it in there ads for $67.95.

I've heard of it too, but I don't want to spend nearly that much money!!
(Since I got the 400 for $20, and I already had the xm301 modem. I only
need use of it till June.)

Frank Seipel recommended finding on of the old Telelink cartridges, so this
may be a start. Does anyone have any information about them, like, will
they work with a 400 with 48K with a xm301. The 1030 modem had the handler
built in, but the xm301 doesn't. Or better yet, does anyone have one of the
Telelink cartridges they would like to sell?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ryan 'Gozar' Collins ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            o__)\			     rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
           /     )			      RC1DSANU@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
          /     /  ____                       R.COLLINS1  (On GEnie)
         /(____/__(_) o)_/
                      /)			[ || ]   Atari Computers,
      "There is no Substitute."                 [ || ]    They're not just
 Vs lbh pna ernq guvf, lbh'er geniryvat        // || \\   for breakfast
            gbb pybfr!                        //  ||  \\  anymore

fseipel@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Frank E. Seipel) (01/30/91)

 Another option would be either a Telenet I or Telenet II cartridge, from
Atari. While these programs are very limited, they do provide the ability
to log-in and probably could be found for under $10 (if you could find one,
that is). These had the interesting ability to have data WRITTEN to them;
one could store commonly dialed numbers on the cartridge.