[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Xep80 with bobterm

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (02/19/91)

does anyone know what im doing wrong with bobtem and xep80 interface?
I am not getting the menus on the screen.
I get 80 columns AFTER I use the 40 column screen to dial then
reconnect the terminal to work with the 80 column xep80.
I need to know what im doing wrong.

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (02/20/91)

Craig Rothman writes:
.

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (02/20/91)

  Apologies for the previous blank message...

Craig Rothman writes:
>does anyone know what im doing wrong with bobtem and xep80 interface?
>I am not getting the menus on the screen.
>I get 80 columns AFTER I use the 40 column screen to dial then
>reconnect the terminal to work with the 80 column xep80.
>I need to know what im doing wrong.

  You aren't doing anything wrong.  The Menues will appear only on the 40
column screen because it takes too long to send them to the 80 column
screen.
  To solve your problem either build a line switcher (input from computer
and xep80, output to monitor) or buy a cheap one from radio shack.

Charles_K_Hughes@cup.portal.com