[comp.sys.atari.8bit] P:R:

williams@fquest.fidonet.org (Jason Williams) (02/28/91)

Could someone UUencode the P:R: connector handler?I have a friend who
just got a 1200 baud modem for $15 and can't seem to use Bobterm(v.1.21)

It seems it accepts commands, dials, and everything else, except he can't
see what he's typing(unless he goes into half duplex) and he can't see
anything that's coming in through the modem(but he can see the receive
data light flash on and off).When he types in command state, both the
receive data and transmit date lights flash on and off.

We've tried setting all the dip switches(in particular, the echo on
switch) and all the S registers.

Oh, one more thing, he can't see the OK sign after you type AT<cr>

Any ideas?

                 Jason Williams

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (03/01/91)

williams@fquest.fidonet.org (Jason Williams) writes:

> Could someone UUencode the P:R: connector handler?I have a friend who
> just got a 1200 baud modem for $15 and can't seem to use Bobterm(v.1.21)
>
> It seems it accepts commands, dials, and everything else, except he can't
> see what he's typing(unless he goes into half duplex) and he can't see
> anything that's coming in through the modem(but he can see the receive
> data light flash on and off).When he types in command state, both the
> receive data and transmit date lights flash on and off.
>
> We've tried setting all the dip switches(in particular, the echo on
> switch) and all the S registers.
>

> Oh, one more thing, he can't see the OK sign after you type AT<cr>
>
> Any ideas?
>
>                  Jason Williams

Yes, Is he using a hayes compatible modem? Or something that
ISNT fully hayes compatible. Also have you tried to load in a
different handler THEN load in bobterm?
Another suggestion would be to see if the copy you have of bobterm
is somehow flawed.

williams@fquest.fidonet.org (Jason Williams) (03/03/91)

> Yes, Is he using a hayes compatible modem? Or something that
> ISNT fully hayes compatible. Also have you tried to load in a
> different handler THEN load in bobterm?
> Another suggestion would be to see if the copy you have of bobterm
> is somehow flawed.

He figured it out;turned out to be the cable, he had to resolder the pins
and now it works perfectly.Thanks anyway!