[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Modems, and Terminal emulators.

nafpliot@uimrl8.mrl.uiuc.edu (Nick Nafpliotis) (03/05/91)

I am looking for a terminal emulator for my Atari 1200xl.  I want it to
emulate a VT100 terminal.

Also, where can I find modems for it.  Will any 2400 baud modem work?
Or do I need some
special Atari modem for it.

Last, is there a good source of PD software for Atari 8-bits on
anonymous FTP?

Thanks in advance.

Nick Nafpliotis
nafpliot@uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu

cfleck@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Chuck Fleckentein) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.234116.12019@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
nafpliot@uimrl8.mrl.uiuc.edu (Nick Nafpliotis) writes:

>I am looking for a terminal emulator for my Atari 1200xl.  I want it to
>emulate a VT100 terminal.

  You can ftp kermit (k65) from atari.archive.umich.edu  (supports
  vt100 emulation)

>Also, where can I find modems for it.  Will any 2400 baud modem work?
>Or do I need some
>special Atari modem for it.

 You should be able to use any "Hayes compatible modem" as long as
 you have some type of serial connection to your atari (i.e. 850, etc)

>Last, is there a good source of PD software for Atari 8-bits on
>anonymous FTP?

  You can ftp Atari 8-bit software from atari.archive.umich.edu

>Thanks in advance.

 Your welcome...

|\/\/\/|
|      |