[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Wizard of Wor

S_DINGLER@iravcl.ira.uka.de (|S| Florian Dingl) (03/21/91)

Hi there y'all !
Does anybody remeber that great game named Wizard of Wor ?
Sure does anybody.
So can somone tell me if that company still exists or if there are still
copyright protections on that game.
I'm asking this because I'm planning to program a ST-version of it (which
is running now, but has got bad grafix and bad enemy movement still).
Anyone nowadays interested in that game ??

greetings  , f.

UKDP@DKAUNI2    (bitnet)
S_DINGLER@irav1.ira.uka.de     (uucp / Internet)

clf3678@isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar21.112321.16803@ira.uka.de> S_DINGLER@iravcl.ira.uka.de (|S| Florian Dingl) writes:
>Hi there y'all !
>Does anybody remeber that great game named Wizard of Wor ?

Sure do.  That was a pretty decent game!

>So can somone tell me if that company still exists or if there are still
>copyright protections on that game.

The company that manufactured the arcade game was Williams.  The company
which marketed the 8-bit cart was Roklan.  Williams is still around, but
Roklan bit the dust some time ago.  However, the copyright is still in
effect.

>I'm asking this because I'm planning to program a ST-version of it (which
>is running now, but has got bad grafix and bad enemy movement still).
>Anyone nowadays interested in that game ??

You could probably release the game with another name and have no
problems.  There are certainly tons of clone games around (Pac-Man
clones come into mind).  Just change the game in some slight way so it
isn't an exact duplicate of the original.  Let me know when you finish
it!  I'm certainly interested.

>UKDP@DKAUNI2    (bitnet)
>S_DINGLER@irav1.ira.uka.de     (uucp / Internet)

_____\ Chris Freemesser, RIT inmate #clf3678     Dimension's End BBS /_____