[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Unsprites programs, CaveLords programs, et al

Chris_F_Chiesa@cup.portal.com (03/20/91)

I don't recall the name of the person who has recently posted a lot of UU-
encoded software, but I would really like to hear from him via e-mail.  I've
been COMPLETELY UNABLE to successfully use any of the files resulting from
downloading and UUdecoding his postings, but have not heard one peep of
flak from anyone else here and am left to wonder if I'm the ONLY person having
trouble.  That would bother me because I've been downloading and UUdecoding
files for YEARS and this fellow's postings are the ONLY ones I've EVER had
consistent trouble with.

The programs posted by the person I am trying to reach include --

  JANES.UUE  - "Jane's Program"
   EASY.UUE  - "EASY.AMP -- ANTIC Music Processor file"
 UNSPRIT1.UUE through UNSPRIT5.UUE
 CAVELRDS.UUE - "Cave Lords" game

There may have been others, but this person should by now know who he is.
Please write me, and tell me *EXACTLY* what you are doing to UUencode and
upload your files.  What software on what system to UUencode, transfer-
files, post-to-the-Net.

I would also love to hear the same information from anyone who has SUCCESS-
FULLY UUdecoded and used this fellow's files; I go to a lot of trouble to
download these things, and it's extremely frustrating when they don't work!

Thanks in advance!

  Chris Chiesa
    Chris_F_Chiesa@cup.portal.com

aa384@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Doug Wokoun) (03/21/91)

From: Chris_F_Chiesa@cup.portal.com

>I don't recall the name of the person who has recently posted a lot of UU-
>encoded software, but I would really like to hear from him via e-mail.  I've
>been COMPLETELY UNABLE to successfully use any of the files resulting from
>downloading and UUdecoding his postings, but have not heard one peep of
>flak from anyone else here and am left to wonder if I'm the ONLY person having
>trouble.  That would bother me because I've been downloading and UUdecoding
>files for YEARS and this fellow's postings are the ONLY ones I've EVER had
>consistent trouble with.

>The programs posted by the person I am trying to reach include --

>  JANES.UUE  - "Jane's Program"

	I tried unsuccessfully to get this one running too...

>   EASY.UUE  - "EASY.AMP -- ANTIC Music Processor file"

	Haven't seen this one.

> UNSPRIT1.UUE through UNSPRIT5.UUE

	_All_ the BASIC files are badly corrupted.  Some of them cause the
computer to lock without hope of recovery.

> CAVELRDS.UUE - "Cave Lords" game

	Haven't tried this one either.

	I believe these files are corrupted at the FTP site itself and not
in UUEncoding...

--
        Doug Wokoun             /      /                | Any inanimate object
(aa384@cleveland.Freenet.Edu)   [o]-[o]                 | floats downstream;
            |||                    L        {_Dug_}     | it takes life to go
    Atari  / | \  S I G          \___/                  | against the current.

eahsnsr@nmt.edu (Eric A. Hobbs) (03/21/91)

I have a friend who got Cave Lords from terminator
and he was unable to get it to work.

-----------------
Eric A. HOBBS!
eahsnsr@JUPITER.nmt.edu

bmarcum@world.std.com (Bill Marcum) (03/23/91)

I had the same problem with the Unsprites programs; they wouldn't run after
uudecoding.  But it turned out that the article and the programs were
originally published in ANALOG Computing magazine, issue #70.  I believe
the other programs (CaveLords, Drop Zone) were also in ANALOG.

fseipel@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Frank E. Seipel) (03/24/91)

 Cavelords is a German program; most of the rest were from A.N.A.L.O.G.
I am working on getting a working copy up. I wish somebody had sent me
e-mail earlier about this.
 BTW I think the copy of Cavelords on atari.archive.umich.edu was bad.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong in uploading, I have both ends set for
binary transmission.