[comp.sys.atari.8bit] 8bit <--> ST

twmanino@eos.ncsu.edu (TONY W MANINO) (04/02/91)

I am attempting to transfer files between my 800 and my 1040ST.
I have made a null modem cable with pins 2-3, 3-2, 7-7.
I am using Omnicomm on the 800 side, and Uniterm on the ST side.  I am getting
timout errors and such.  Am I missing something?  I know people have
had success doing this sort of thing.  Could one of you kind souls tell
me what incantations I must use in order to get this to work?

Thanks to all,
Tony
twmanino@eos.ncsu.edu

snyder@chopin.udel.edu (Mayleen G Snyder) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr1.234132.3217@ncsu.edu> twmanino@eos.ncsu.edu (TONY W MANINO) writes:
>I am attempting to transfer files between my 800 and my 1040ST.
>I am using Omnicomm on the 800 side, and Uniterm on the ST side.  I am getting
>timout errors and such.  Am I missing something?  I know people have
>had success doing this sort of thing.  Could one of you kind souls tell
>Thanks to all,
>Tony
>twmanino@eos.ncsu.edu

 use omnicom to call a unix system...but have never been able to get it to work
 i got this copy from umich,but i use bobterm to do u/d xfers...it works great and has vt52 emulation (o/e parity too...)

 my suggestion would be to try something other than omnicom...(unless you know
it works ok....)

Sloopy X Malibu                                       snyder@chopin.udel.edu
  (chris)                                             snyder@mocha.acs.udel.edu

njd@cbnewsd.att.com (nick.j.dimasi) (04/05/91)

In article <16849@chopin.udel.edu> snyder@chopin.udel.edu (Mayleen G Snyder) writes:
>In article <1991Apr1.234132.3217@ncsu.edu> twmanino@eos.ncsu.edu (TONY W MANINO) writes:
>>I am attempting to transfer files between my 800 and my 1040ST.
>>I am using Omnicomm on the 800 side, and Uniterm on the ST side.  I am getting
>>timout errors and such.  Am I missing something?  I know people have
>
> use omnicom to call a unix system...but have never been able to get it to work
> my suggestion would be to try something other than omnicom...(unless you know
>it works ok....)

I use OmniCom to xfer files. A lot of files.  I mostly use Xmodem, but
have also used Kermit.  Both work OK, except that there is an apparent
bug in the Xmodem D(ownload) routine.  When downloading to  my  XE,  I
have  to  press  <CTRL>F  after the download is done and I have Q(uit)
back to terminal (communication) mode.  I figured this out  because  I
first  did  most  of my downloading from Delphi, and it would just sit
there until I hit <CTRL>C, then it  would  say  "..Status:  Final  ACK
missing."   Well,  I thought, maybe I can supply that ACK.   A look in
an ASCII table or two showed that ACK was <CTRL>F.  It works!

There is no such problem  when  uploading  (OmniCom  responds  to  the
remote host's final ACK just fine).

Nick

Nick DiMasi			      | Fox Valley Software, Ltd.
nick@udt386.chi.il.us 		      | a subsidiary of
     [I'm not there as much]	      | Uniq Digital Technologies, Inc.
...att!odutsa!njd [I'm on here a lot] |
or njd@odutsa.att.com                 | under contract to AT&T Network Systems
DELPHI: TURBONICK		      | (Network Software Ctr., Lisle, IL)