[comp.sys.atari.8bit] manual for interface wanted

williams@fquest.fidonet.org (Jason Williams) (05/12/91)

Would anyone happen to have a manual for an old Axiom AT-846 parallel
interface?  Specifically, I need the pinouts of the centronics parallel
port...I have a printer here that I can't get to work any need to know
the pinouts for a cable..Is Axiom still in buisnesS???

Any help would be appreciated...

squishy@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Shishin Yamada) (05/13/91)

In article <DweT21w164w@fquest.fidonet.org> williams@fquest.fidonet.org (Jason Williams) writes:
>Would anyone happen to have a manual for an old Axiom AT-846 parallel
>interface?  Specifically, I need the pinouts of the centronics parallel
>port...I have a printer here that I can't get to work any need to know
>the pinouts for a cable..Is Axiom still in buisnesS???

Sorry, I don't know about Axiom corp. I did have an PR: connection though
(Yes, my familly bought its first Atari 800 in 1981, and I bought a 130xe
in 1985 or 86. Now, I'm a happy Mac II user, but the Atari can never be
beat for having fun with the harware). Anyways, the partial pinouts of the
centronics parallel interface for a 36 pin centronics male plug along with
the PR: 15 pin cable is (The PR used a DB15P plug):

Centronics	PR:	Name
	-----------------------------
	1	1	Data Strobe
	2	2	D0
	3	3	D1
	4	4	D2
	5	5	D3
	6	6	D4
	7	7	D5
	8	8	D6
	9	15	D7
	11	13	Busy
	16	11	Ground
	32	12	Fault

I sorry I don't have information if the Axiom is a different connector.

Shishin "Squish" Yamada                    |\/\/\/|
 squishy@casbah.acns.nwu.edu  /---------\  |      |
 Northwestern University      | Yo      |  (o)(o) |
 Electrical Engineering       |  Dudes! \  ( <    )
 Class of 1991                \__________\ |___/  |
                                             \    |
  "Life sucks, but Death swallows!"          /    \
                                            /______\