[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Atari 400

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (05/02/90)

Chris Bush asks about the Atari 400, and about sources of documentation and
software...

Probably the best way to find out about these sources would be to get a copy
of ANTIC magazine (although that resource is rapidly fading away), or call
(313) 973-8825  and ask the delightful voice that answers for a free copy
of the Atari Interface Magazine..

Both of these publications carry advertisements from companies which sell
8-bit products still...  they'd be a good place to start.

BobR

hans@umd5.umd.edu (Hans Breitenlohner) (05/10/90)

In article <29510@cup.portal.com> Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com writes:
.>
.>Probably the best way to find out about these sources would be to get a copy
.>of ANTIC magazine (although that resource is rapidly fading away), or call
.>(313) 973-8825  and ask the delightful voice that answers for a free copy
.>of the Atari Interface Magazine..
.>
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could you tell us a little more about this?  I have never heard of it.

achilles@unixland.uucp (David Holland) (05/18/91)

   *** FORWARDED MESSAGE -- REPLY TO AUTHOR ***
Date: 91May09 8:45 pm
From: b0b@interface.mind.org
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit
Subject: [none]

   I remember reading about people using the 400 in factories
and darkrooms, where spills of unusual liquids would kill a
normal keyboard.  That didn't stop me from replacing mine with a
Stackpole keyboard, though.

   The Atari 8-bit computers were the forerunner of the Amiga.
Not a bad heritage, when you stop to think about it.

  --- END MESSAGE ---