[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Gatewayed messages from Citadel

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (05/19/91)

[In article <csL523w163w@unixland.uucp>, (and many others)
     achilles@unixland.uucp (David Holland) writes ... ]

 >   *** FORWARDED MESSAGE -- REPLY TO AUTHOR ***
 >
 > Date: 91May12 9:52 am
 > From: Winston_Smith@blade.mind.org
 > Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit
 > Subject: [none]

You should be able to pipe these directly into inews (or rnews)
if you write a routine to reformat the date field, which is seriously
bad for Usenet. Send me mail so I can figure out a path to your .UUCP
site and I'll send you a C routine that will produce a correctly
formatted date field. Writing code to parse ``91May12 9:52 am''
shouldn't be very hard.

I'd also suggest that if Subject == ``[none]'' you should set
it to ``Gatewayed from Citadel network'', which is at least
informative.

 ----
 Steve Yelvington, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, USA / steve@thelake.mn.org

achilles@unixland.uucp (David Holland) (05/20/91)

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) writes:

>  >   *** FORWARDED MESSAGE -- REPLY TO AUTHOR ***
>
> You should be able to pipe these directly into inews (or rnews)
> if you write a routine to reformat the date field, which is seriously
> bad for Usenet. Send me mail so I can figure out a path to your .UUCP
> site and I'll send you a C routine that will produce a correctly
> formatted date field. Writing code to parse ``91May12 9:52 am''
> shouldn't be very hard.
>
> I'd also suggest that if Subject == ``[none]'' you should set
> it to ``Gatewayed from Citadel network'', which is at least
> informative.
>
>  ----
>  Steve Yelvington, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, USA / steve@thelake.mn.org

This stuff would be piped directly into the newsgroup if I had an operable
feed. At the moment I'm lacking a feed; I do not have an operating UUCICO
program, nor do I have the necessary documentation to write one myself.
Rewriting the date field isn't a big issue in any event. To send mail to my
system, you can use any of the following paths:

   mast.moundst.mn.org!blade!moonsweep!ranger   [citadel]
   over.mind.org!moonsweep!ranger               [citadel]
   theep.boston.ma.us!wildcat!moonsweep!ranger
   alfalfa.com!pro-angmar!moonsweep!ranger

This is of course off topic in here...