[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Tetris

achilles@unixland.uucp (David Holland) (05/18/91)

Date: 91May07 12:56 am
From: Captain_Ameba@dish.mind.org
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit
Subject: Tetris

 Does anyone out there have a Tetris/clone for the Atari 8-bit?
I have one, but it locks up every so once in a while, usually
right when I start getting good.  :(

   *** FORWARDED MESSAGE -- REPLY TO AUTHOR ***

Date: 91May08 10:12 pm
From: JACS!Roger_Heller@mast.moundst.mn.org
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit

I have two different versions of Tetrix, a tetris clone.  One
drops the blocks as soon as you pull back on the joystick, the
other one drops it more slowly and gives you one last chance to
turn or move it.  I'll have to hunt them up, but when I find
them I'll upload them to GAMES.

  --- END MESSAGE ---

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (05/21/91)

achilles@unixland.uucp (David Holland) writes:

> Date: 91May07 12:56 am
> From: Captain_Ameba@dish.mind.org
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.8bit
> Subject: Tetris
>
>  Does anyone out there have a Tetris/clone for the Atari 8-bit?
> I have one, but it locks up every so once in a while, usually
> right when I start getting good.  :(
>
>    *** FORWARDED MESSAGE -- REPLY TO AUTHOR ***

Sure, theres atartris, and Tetrix!
Both are good tetris clones.
Theres also "squares" which is in basic but stinks compared to the others.

CURRENTM@CARLETON.EDU (Michael Current) (05/21/91)

For those interested in Tetris, Darryl Yong's shareware Tetrix has now been
posted at the atari.archive (in the /atari/8bit/new directory as of a minute
ago).  I've never had the game lock up on me.

-Michael

njd@cbnewsd.att.com (nick.j.dimasi) (05/22/91)

Besides ATARTRIS and TETRIX, there is yet another decent Tetris clone for
the 8-bit Atari: FORTRESS.  My wife has played all three and seems to like
FORTRESS best (she's much more of a Tetris fan than I am).  I found all three
of these on Delphi, so they're probably on the 'C' and 'G' services as well,
and probably many BBSs.  BTW, ATARTRIS has a bug - unless you have the patch
installed, play with No Singles and you'll run afoul of it.  As far as I know,
the author has not released a new version of the program yet (the patch he
posted on Delphi was in BASIC XE [XL?] which did us no good).  Why my wife
wanted to play with No Singles is another mystery :-)

Nick DiMasi			      | Fox Valley Software, Ltd.
nick@udt386.chi.il.us 		      | a subsidiary of
     [I'm not there as much]	      | Uniq Digital Technologies, Inc.
...att!odutsa!njd [I'm on here a lot] |
or njd@odutsa.att.com                 | under contract to AT&T Network Systems
DELPHI: TURBONICK		      | (Network Software Ctr., Lisle, IL)