[comp.sys.atari.8bit] One Last Wish

dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) (05/07/91)

Hello:

I have been a user of the News Net for some time, and I know that

whenever someone posts somethig totaly irrelevent to the sig that

he/she gets flamed something fierce!

That is why I am donning my fire-proof suit to make this little post.

It is one that I doubt anyone will flame me for, but I thought I'd

be safe.

You see, there is a seven year old dying, and his one last wish was

not that he get everything that everyone wants, but instead is a

fairly reachable goal.  I think that if you were to comletely read

what I am going to show you; you too will agree.

The following is a text file that I found very touching, and thought

that others could help out:

                                LAST WISH

          A brain tumor is cutting short the life of seven-year-old

Craig Shergold.  His Last Wish doesn't seem very much to ask; simply

that he receive some Get Well cards---hopefully enough to break The

Guiness Book of World Records.  If everyone reading this message

could send him a card (or several!) and post this note on any

bulletin boards or in any publications he/she may be in contact with,

or even word of mouth, surely Craig's Last Wish will come true.

Send your card(s) to:

                           Craig Shergold

                           c/o Children's Wish Foundation

                           Suite 100

                           3200 Perimeter Center E.

                           Atlanta, Ga. 39346

P.S.  If you are a person who believes in prayer, a prayer for this

young man may, perhaps, find its way into another Book---and who

knows?

      He may just get a Get Well "wish" from someone else.

Please, if you can, send him at least ONE card.  I know about the

vastness of the net, and I think that we can all fulfill this young

man's wish.

To do this, would be a kindness that eveyone can show!

Thank you for taking your time and reading this.  Maybe some of us

can relate to this.  Maybe others can do more to help... who knows...

You can send any replies to:
David D. Dean, President       David D. Dean, Vice Chairman
Explorer Post 891              Exploring Officer's Association
AT&T Systems/Bell Labs         Central Ohio Council
dddean@bluemoon.uucp           Columbus, OH  43227

**** Any opinions are that of the author, and NOT of AT&T ****

mwoodwar@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (woodward matthew d - CS350) (05/09/91)

In article <9TwJ22w164w@bluemoon.uucp> dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) writes:

>Hello:
>

>I have been a user of the News Net for some time, and I know that
>
>whenever someone posts somethig totaly irrelevent to the sig that
>
>he/she gets flamed something fierce!
>

>That is why I am donning my fire-proof suit to make this little post.
>
>It is one that I doubt anyone will flame me for, but I thought I'd
>
>be safe.
>

>You see, there is a seven year old dying, and his one last wish was
>
>not that he get everything that everyone wants, but instead is a
>
>fairly reachable goal.  I think that if you were to comletely read
>
>what I am going to show you; you too will agree.
>

>The following is a text file that I found very touching, and thought
>
>that others could help out:
>

>                                LAST WISH
>

>          A brain tumor is cutting short the life of seven-year-old
>
>Craig Shergold.  His Last Wish doesn't seem very much to ask; simply
>
>that he receive some Get Well cards---hopefully enough to break The
>
>Guiness Book of World Records.  If everyone reading this message
>
>could send him a card (or several!) and post this note on any
>
>bulletin boards or in any publications he/she may be in contact with,
>
>or even word of mouth, surely Craig's Last Wish will come true.
>
>Send your card(s) to:
>

>                           Craig Shergold
>
>                           c/o Children's Wish Foundation
>
>                           Suite 100
>
>                           3200 Perimeter Center E.
>
>                           Atlanta, Ga. 39346
>

>P.S.  If you are a person who believes in prayer, a prayer for this
>
>young man may, perhaps, find its way into another Book---and who
>
>knows?
>

>      He may just get a Get Well "wish" from someone else.

>Please, if you can, send him at least ONE card.  I know about the
>
>vastness of the net, and I think that we can all fulfill this young
>
>man's wish.
>

>To do this, would be a kindness that eveyone can show!
>
>Thank you for taking your time and reading this.  Maybe some of us
>
>can relate to this.  Maybe others can do more to help... who knows...
>

>You can send any replies to:
>David D. Dean, President       David D. Dean, Vice Chairman
>Explorer Post 891              Exploring Officer's Association
>AT&T Systems/Bell Labs         Central Ohio Council
>dddean@bluemoon.uucp           Columbus, OH  43227
>
>**** Any opinions are that of the author, and NOT of AT&T ****

Sorry, this is not a flame, but last time I heard, this boy had recieved
TOO MANY cards.  His IS now in the Guiness (sp?) Book, and the Childeren's
Wish people have asked that people stop sending cards because they don't
know what to do with them anymore.

They did however, thank everyone who had and would send cards.

It's the thought that counts!

Matt

P.S.:  I'm sure that prayers are still being accepted.

rik@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Rik Harris) (05/10/91)

dddean@bluemoon.uucp (David D. Dean) writes:

>I have been a user of the News Net for some time, and I know that
>whenever someone posts somethig totaly irrelevent to the sig that
>he/she gets flamed something fierce!

>The following is a text file that I found very touching, and thought
>that others could help out:

>                                LAST WISH

>          A brain tumor is cutting short the life of seven-year-old
>Craig Shergold.  His Last Wish doesn't seem very much to ask; simply
>that he receive some Get Well cards---hopefully enough to break The
>Guiness Book of World Records.  If everyone reading this message
>could send him a card (or several!) and post this note on any
>bulletin boards or in any publications he/she may be in contact with,
>or even word of mouth, surely Craig's Last Wish will come true.

Really, I find it hard to believe that there are many people who have
"been a user of the News Net for some time" to NOT have heard of Craig
Shergold.  This first came up years ago.  Craig got his wish, and
broke the Guiness record...3 times over.  The local post-office are
throwing these cards out by the hundreds of thousands.  He doesn't
want any more cards.

DON'T BOTHER SENDING CARDS.  They will be thrown out.

rik.

--
Rik Harris - rik.harris@monash.edu.au            ||  |  |  |\ |  |  \/
Phone: +61 3 571-2895                            ||  |__|  | \|  |  /\

wolfram@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (05/22/91)

I vaguely remember having read that Craig was cured and is well today,
is that true?

Hope it is
Wolfram