[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Help: Atari 65XE

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (05/29/91)

ringo@athena.mit.edu (John L. Kimble) writes:

> I'm thinking about resurrecting an Atari 65XE for simple WP/Game purposes
> (it's my younger brother's you see...).
>
> I'll need a color monitor & a printer, as he has the 5.25" drive.
>
> What I'm looking for is suggestions/offers of items to buy re:
> * a compatible color monitor
> * a compatible printer, speed irrelevant, quality relevant
> * software, especially of the WP/Spreadsheet variety
> * Any other suggestions as to products which may still be available to
> make this a viable machine.
>
> Any & all responses are greatly appreciated.  Thanks,		John K. '91

John, you can write me as Craigr@athena (on your system)
I can help you if you are still in the MIT area.
You dont need a color monitor, but you will need a tv set.
Ataris work on tvs quite well just like any other system that can
utilize a standard game/tv switchbox.
Any printer is compatable. Just get a 850/mio/or PR connection.
That will let you use whatever printer you want.
If not use an atari direct connect printer, but I dont recommend
any of them... especially the 1027..
Software? No problem. Can you send me email and ill send you my #
then you can call me and dl textpro from me.
Ive got a lot of things youd want to keep your atari up to date.
Theres still quite a lot of shareware still being made.
-craig