[comp.sys.atari.8bit] 800 power supply specs

tnfw0@isuvax.iastate.edu (05/28/91)

What is the voltage, amperage, polarity, etc, of the Atari 800 power supply?
Thanks a lot...

                    Steven Ourada

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (05/29/91)

tnfw0@isuvax.iastate.edu writes:

> What is the voltage, amperage, polarity, etc, of the Atari 800 power supply?
> Thanks a lot...
>
>                     Steven Ourada

ATari part # 61982
Power supply dv-512cm
Input 120v ac 60hz 40w
output +5v dc 1.5a

Hope this helps, thats what I see when I look at mine.

ken@hpcupt3.cup.hp.com (Kenneth M. Sumrall) (05/31/91)

>ATari part # 61982
>Power supply dv-512cm
>Input 120v ac 60hz 40w
>output +5v dc 1.5a
>
>Hope this helps, thats what I see when I look at mine.

This sounds like the 800XL power supply.  I remember the original
800 power supply being an AC output, with the DC rectifier being on
the power supply board in the computer.  Sorry I don't remember what
the voltage is.

| Ken Sumrall                          |     Internet: ken%hpda@hplabs.hp.com |
| HP California Language Labs          |           UUCP:  ...!hplabs!hpda!ken |
|    "I'd stomp desert dope heads for some gas in my moped!" - Bill the Cat   |
|              "What a stupid world" -Calvin (speaking to Hobbes)             |

norlin@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Norman Lin) (06/01/91)

ken@hpcupt3.cup.hp.com (Kenneth M. Sumrall) writes:

>This sounds like the 800XL power supply.  I remember the original
>800 power supply being an AC output, with the DC rectifier being on
>the power supply board in the computer.  Sorry I don't remember what
>the voltage is.

I had an Atari 400 whose power supply died.  I recall being able to use
the power supply from my 1050 drive instead (the connectors were the same,
and as I recall the voltage specs were similar also).  I believe it was
9 volts AC.  I don't know if this is the same as the 800, though.

---|\-#-/_|-------/|-------,*.----||---Norman Lin, University of Oklahoma----
---|/-----|------/-|---,"--|---,"-||------norlin@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu-------
--/|------------/-*'---|/------|--||-----(IP addr: 129.15.[20|22|24].2)------
-|/|\---/_|-----|-----------------||-"I gazed in your eyes, and saw the moon-
--\|/-----|----*'-----------------||------------and the skies"---------------

wolfram@cip-s08.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (06/12/91)

norlin@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Norman Lin) writes:

>I had an Atari 400 whose power supply died.  I recall being able to use
>the power supply from my 1050 drive instead (the connectors were the same,
>and as I recall the voltage specs were similar also).  I believe it was
>9 volts AC.  I don't know if this is the same as the 800, though.

I am using my Disco 2400C modem with the Atari 400 power supply. It really
is a standard connector and (I believe, too) 9 volts.

CU
\/\/olfram