[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Prices?!

bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) (06/22/91)

	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...
	Please e-mail me and let me know how much you'd pay for any of
	the following:

	Atari 130XE
	Atari 1050 disk drive
	Atari SX212 modem (1200 baud)

	Okidata Okimate 10 (color printer) w/ Commodore or Atari interface

	Commodore 128 (w/ RS232 interface)
	C= 1571 drive

	Magnavox RGB display 80

	Sony XR5000  car stereo (tape/AM/FM) Sweet stereo!
	Sherwood Graphic Equalizer Xq-1101
		(with digital bands, surround sound, programmable,
		 7 bands)
	Coustic 120 watt Amp
	Jensen 300 watt Amp

	Thanks,
				Marc Bluefire

					bluefire@triton.unm.edu
					(208) 523-2715
					138 7th St Apt #5
					Idaho Falls, Id
						83401

--
  M               B      	Marc Bluefire <aka bluefire@deimos.unm.edu.UUCP>
 [=]    [=-=]    [=]                          <    bluefire@hydra.unm.edu.UUCP >

asgardia@unixland.natick.ma.us (Craig Rothman) (06/23/91)

bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) writes:

> 	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...
> 	Please e-mail me and let me know how much you'd pay for any of
> 	the following:
>
> 	Atari 130XE
> 	Atari 1050 disk drive
> 	Atari SX212 modem (1200 baud)
>
> 	Okidata Okimate 10 (color printer) w/ Commodore or Atari interface
>
> 	Commodore 128 (w/ RS232 interface)
> 	C= 1571 drive
>
> 	Magnavox RGB display 80
>

> 	Sony XR5000  car stereo (tape/AM/FM) Sweet stereo!
> 	Sherwood Graphic Equalizer Xq-1101
> 		(with digital bands, surround sound, programmable,
> 		 7 bands)
> 	Coustic 120 watt Amp
> 	Jensen 300 watt Amp
>
> 	Thanks,
> 				Marc Bluefire
Im not a stereo or Commordore expert. SO i wont comment on those.
I would say that you should really have said if you were talking
USED or new stuff..
Ill go for used.
130xe's have been known to sell locally for around $50.
Sometimes they go for $65.. Depending on its condition.
The keyboards on the machine arent too great and sometimes theres
money off due to dead keys..
1050's tend to go for all sorts of prices.
I got some damaged ones for $15, $10, and $10..
A working one should get between $50-75 again..
Depends again on the condition what I offer on those.
Im usually after defective ones as I can usually rip apart another
defective model and make a workable unit.
/e

Now, an sx212 should net $35-45 dollars used. The same price as any
used 1200 baud modem..

Okimate 10's arent well liked locally, Its not a well made product
according to many.  I think that its a hassle to obtain the plug n'
print ribbons around here.. I see them giving them away for $20..
In other areas maybe you woud get more.. I think its supposed to be
a slow gadget that isnt well made, that is tough to get replaced.
Not sure if they still service them either.

Im sure other people here from different parts of the US will
give you differing prices so this was just an opinion of what
I would expect to pay..

ftoomey@maths.tcd.ie (Fergal Toomey) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun22.081944.27164@ariel.unm.edu> bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) writes:
>	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...
>	Commodore 128 (w/ RS232 interface)

	Well, this one's worth $2000 off the price of an Amiga 3000, if you've
got the cover off of the original manual you don't even have to trade it in,
just write down the serial number and give the manual cover in to the shop.

tnfw0@isuvax.iastate.edu (06/23/91)

In article <gePy42w163w@unixland.natick.ma.us>, asgardia@unixland.natick.ma.us (Craig Rothman) writes:
>Now, an sx212 should net $35-45 dollars used. The same price as any
>used 1200 baud modem..

Just a small note here... A friend of mine told me he saw an ad for a 1200bps
modem in some discount place's catalog (sorry, don't remember the name...) for
$30. It wasn't advertised that it was an Atari (or that it would
connect to the 8 bits), but a close look at the picture revealed that it was an
SX212...
                             Steven Ourada