[comp.sys.atari.8bit] SX212 Modems

dwj@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Daniel W. James) (06/23/91)

(Craig Rothman) writes:
>bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) writes:
>

>> 	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...

>> 	Atari SX212 modem (1200 baud)
>>

>Now, an sx212 should net $35-45 dollars used. The same price as any
>used 1200 baud modem..

Just FYI (I thought this was curious anyway...)

In the most recent DAMARK catalog, on the back page, I saw advertised:

"HAYES - COMPATIBLE 1200 BAUD MODEM -- Mfr. Sugg. Retail $59.95
 Model $:  SC212                                  Damark Price $29.95"

Of course it was the SX212, not SC212.  I thought that it was an
interesting thing to see in a catalog of this type.  Most of the computer
hardware was old 80C88 laptops, and XT's, and a few 286's and 386's

Some folks try to multiply from sunrise to  |      dwj@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US
Sunset--leave behind more of their kind so  |     ames!pacbell!sactoh0!dwj
no one will forget             -- Level 42  |    ucbvax!csusac!sactoh0!dwj

asgardia@unixland.natick.ma.us (Craig Rothman) (06/25/91)

dwj@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Daniel W. James) writes:

> (Craig Rothman) writes:
> >bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) writes:
> >

> >> 	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...
>
> >> 	Atari SX212 modem (1200 baud)
> >>

> >Now, an sx212 should net $35-45 dollars used. The same price as any
> >used 1200 baud modem..
> >
> Just FYI (I thought this was curious anyway...)
>
> In the most recent DAMARK catalog, on the back page, I saw advertised:
>
> "HAYES - COMPATIBLE 1200 BAUD MODEM -- Mfr. Sugg. Retail $59.95
>  Model $:  SC212                                  Damark Price $29.95"
>
> Of course it was the SX212, not SC212.  I thought that it was an
> interesting thing to see in a catalog of this type.  Most of the computer
> hardware was old 80C88 laptops, and XT's, and a few 286's and 386's
>

> --
> Some folks try to multiply from sunrise to  |      dwj@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US
> Sunset--leave behind more of their kind so  |     ames!pacbell!sactoh0!dwj
> no one will forget             -- Level 42  |    ucbvax!csusac!sactoh0!dwj

asgardia@unixland.natick.ma.us (Craig Rothman) (06/25/91)

dwj@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Daniel W. James) writes:

> (Craig Rothman) writes:
> >bluefire@triton.unm.edu (-=-Marc Bluefire-=-) writes:
> >

> >> 	I'm just curious as to how much YOU think these items are worth...
>
> >> 	Atari SX212 modem (1200 baud)
> >>

> >Now, an sx212 should net $35-45 dollars used. The same price as any
> >used 1200 baud modem..
> >
> Just FYI (I thought this was curious anyway...)
>
> In the most recent DAMARK catalog, on the back page, I saw advertised:
>
> "HAYES - COMPATIBLE 1200 BAUD MODEM -- Mfr. Sugg. Retail $59.95
>  Model $:  SC212                                  Damark Price $29.95"
>
> Of course it was the SX212, not SC212.  I thought that it was an
> interesting thing to see in a catalog of this type.  Most of the computer
> hardware was old 80C88 laptops, and XT's, and a few 286's and 386's
>

> --
> Some folks try to multiply from sunrise to  |      dwj@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US
> Sunset--leave behind more of their kind so  |     ames!pacbell!sactoh0!dwj
> no one will forget             -- Level 42  |    ucbvax!csusac!sactoh0!dwj

Hmm. Well then, How do I get the Catalogue for Damark then?

pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu (Peter Glen Berger) (06/26/91)

So, I just got another 800xl and a load of software.

Anyone up to trade games?

Pete Berger		       ||  ARPA:     peterb@cs.cmu.edu
Professional Student	       ||            Pete.Berger@andrew.cmu.edu
Univ. Pittsburgh School of Law ||  BITNET:   R746PB1P@CMCCVB
Attend this school, not CMU    ||  UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!pb1p
"Goldilocks is about property rights.  Little Red Riding Hood is a tale
 of seduction, rape, murder, and cannibalism."  -Bernard J. Hibbits

dwj@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Daniel W. James) (06/27/91)

Craig Rothman writes:

>Hmm. Well then, How do I get the Catalogue for Damark then?

Unfortunatly, the Damark Catalogue is currently in the Sacramento County
Dump.  The next time I receive one, I will try to remember to post their
address/phone number.  In the mean time, in order to receive a Damark
catalog, I suggest that you order lots of products via mail order.  Sooner
or later you are bound to end up on their eternal mailing list.
 No choice, look what we've become, |        dwj@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US
world peace at the point of a gun...|      ames!pacbell!sactoh0!dwj

Peter Glen Berger writes:
>So, I just got another 800xl and a load of software.
>

>Anyone up to trade games?

I do have quite a few public domain games for the 8-bit that I would be
willing to send either to the net, or to you via e-mail.  I suspect that
most of them have appeared here at one time or another.

Speaking of which, I wonder if someone here would be so kind as to post the
location of the archive-site for 8-bit files?