[comp.sys.m68k] ST os9/68k

blarson@castor.usc.edu.UUCP (01/24/87)

In article <89@ucdavis.UUCP> cccmark@deneb.UUCP (Mark Nagel) writes:
>Actually, OS9/68K is available for the ST.  It is a UNIX-like multitasking
>multiprogramming operating system.

The company that did the os9 port to the ST went out of business.  Microware
(the company that wrote os9) is supporting ST users directly now.  I would
be surprised if an inproved version for the ST didn't come out in the near
future.

>Of course, if I remember correctly, it is also available for the Mac
>and the Amiga.

Nope, you don't remember correctly.  There was a rumor of an Amiga
version by the company that did the ST version.  (One would not
surprise me.)  The way the Mac has been marketed did not encorage OS
vendors to port to it.

Os9/68k is available on other, less well known, systems.  I do tend to
get strange looks when I tell people I have a Frank Hogg Labs QT+.

Further os9 discussion should probably be routed to mod.os.os9 (cbosgd!os9)
--
Bob Larson
Arpa: Blarson@Usc-Eclb.Arpa