[comp.sys.m68k] 68k assembler

eric@dlcdev.UUCP (03/13/87)

	Before you flame, I realize that this is probably a dream but I
thought I would ask anyway.  I need a public-domain assembler for the
680x0 family. It would be nice if it were a macro assembler and it would
be really nifty if I could get source & port it to other machines.
Thanks in advance.
					Eric Van Tassell
					Data Language Corp.
					617-663-5000
					clyde!bonnie!masscomp!dlcdev!eric
					harvard!mit-eddie!dlcdev!eric
					dlcdev!eric@eddie.mit.edu

wsr@lmi-angel.UUCP (Wolfgang Rupprecht) (03/15/87)

In article <> eric@dlcdev.UUCP (eric van tassell) writes:
>	Before you flame, I realize that this is probably a dream but I
>thought I would ask anyway.  I need a public-domain assembler for the
>680x0 family. It would be nice if it were a macro assembler and it would
>be really nifty if I could get source & port it to other machines.

Well, you luck out. Richard Stallman (of Free Software Foundation and
GnuEmacs fame) has a *Free* C compiler, assembler etc. (with source)
for the 68x00 family. The C compiler is, infact, rumored to produce
better code than several well known 68k compilers.

Check the comp.emacs newsgroup for more info.

(the FSF's snail-mail address is: Free Software Foundation,
1000 Mass Ave., Cambridge, Ma. 02138)
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht	{harvard|decvax!cca|mit-eddie}!lmi-angel!wsr