[comp.sys.m68k] NeXT machine information wanted

brent@well.UUCP (Brent Southard) (11/23/87)

Does anyone have informconcerning the workstation that NeXT is supposedly
readying for the world?  I'd like specs and price info if possible.  Thanks!

	brent

Brent Southard                    |  Everybody's trying to be a friend of mine,
Ovonic Imaging Systems, Troy, MI  |  Even a dog can shake hands.
Usenet:  ...well!brent            |                               - Warren Zevon
   CIS:  76657,415                |  We fell into love, love's a very deep hole.
 GEnie:  b.southard               |                      - Loudon Wainwright III

stew@endor.harvard.edu (Stew Rubenstein) (11/28/87)

In article <4515@well.UUCP> brent@well.UUCP (Brent Southard) writes:
>Does anyone have informconcerning the workstation that NeXT is supposedly
>readying for the world?  I'd like specs and price info if possible.  Thanks!

Look on the cover of this week's InfoWorld.  Basically, two systems.
One is gray-scale, 4Mb RAM, 40Mb disk, $5000 ($3000 edu), the other is
color, 8Mb, 200Mb, $9000 ($6000 edu).  Both are 1280x960, 68030 (clock
speed not mentioned), display postscript, 1.44Mb 3.5 in floppy, fax
modem, ethernet, scsi port with DMA, serial, port, parallel port,
mouse port, stereo sound processor, midi port, Un*x O/S.  Optional
Pixar graphics coprocessor.

Sounds like a potentially awesome machine.

Stew Rubenstein
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
UUCPnet:    seismo!harvard!rubenstein            CompuServe: 76525,421
Internet:   rubenstein@harvard.harvard.edu       MCIMail:    CSC