[comp.sys.m68k] Applied Microsystems Corporation

nerd@percival.UUCP (Michael Galassi) (12/11/87)

Howdy all,
	On the 26th of November 1987 gag@nosc.mil posted a request
for information on some 020 emulators.  On the 29th of the same
month I posted an article expressing dissatisfaction with the Applied
Microsystems Emulator.  On the 4th of December my employer received
a letter from Applied Microsystems which caused him to request that
I post the following message to the net.

----------- Begining of message from Frye Electronics, Inc. -----------

	"Frye Electronics, Inc. has no official opinion regarding
products, services and personnel of Applied Microsystems
Corporation."

----------- End of message from Frye Electronics, Inc. -----------

	If you want more info I'll be happy to send it via private
email, the addresses in my ".signature" are correct.

-michael
--
        Michael Galassi           | If my opinions happen to be the same as
...!tektronix!tessi!percival!nerd | my employer's it's ONLY a coincidence, of

michael@mcdchg.UUCP (Michael Bodine) (12/16/87)

Michael Galassi (nerd@percival.UUCP) writes:
> 	On the 26th of November 1987 gag@nosc.mil posted a request
> for information on some 020 emulators.  On the 29th of the same
> month I posted an article expressing dissatisfaction with the Applied
> Microsystems Emulator.  On the 4th of December my employer received
> a letter from Applied Microsystems which caused him to request that
> I post the following message to the net.
> ----------- Begining of message from Frye Electronics, Inc. -----------
> 	"Frye Electronics, Inc. has no official opinion regarding
> products, services and personnel of Applied Microsystems
> Corporation."
> ----------- End of message from Frye Electronics, Inc. -----------
A message to Frye Electronics, Inc., and to Applied Microsystems:
It seems to me that the usefulness of this, the uucp network, is highly
dependent on the FREE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION AND OPINIONS;  to insert
the corporate identity here is irregular and unappreciated, by myself,
at any rate, and, i would suspect, by many others on the net.  Naturally,
since the access of virtually everyone to the network is dependent on
the goodwill of our respective employers, it is in all of our interests
to make sure that that goodwill is not taken advantage of.  However,
like the reporters of 60 Minutes and like the articles found in Consumer
Reports, the free flow of information here is not necessarily going to
make any given corporate identity very happy.  It seems much more
appropriate to me that, if a customer expresses dissatisfaction with
my service and with that of my employer, the opinion be taken as feedback
and used to fine-tune the services of my organization, and not be used
in legal or political brow-beating.  Every product or service has its
share of successes and failures.  Everyone on the network has their share
of experiences with vendors, both good and bad.  While anyone may express
a violent opinion of a given vendor, i would certainly not take any single
opinion, whether positive or negative, as gospel in my evaluation of that
vendor or its products.  My suspicion would be that the opinion of
Applied Micro now held by readers of the news group has been significantly
lowered by the above posting, and that the ill will and suspicion engendered
by same does far more harm to us all than any perceived public relations
benefits brought by attempting to eliminate the expression of opinions on
the net.

In keeping with the level of fear that we may all be feeling as result of
Mr. Galassi's posting, my .signature file has been lengthened:

michael@mcdchg.UUCP (Michael Bodine) (12/17/87)

> In keeping with the level of fear that we may all be feeling as result of
> Mr. Galassi's posting, my .signature file has been lengthened:
...but my signature file was not included, so i am appending it here,
i hope...

michael@mcdchg.UUCP (Michael Bodine) (12/17/87)

> In keeping with the level of fear that we may all be feeling as result of
> Mr. Galassi's posting, my .signature file has been lengthened:
...but my signature file was not included, so i am appending it here,
i hope...
--
  Michael Bodine, michael@mcdchg.UUCP All opinions expressed herein are my own
  and have not been seen, commented on or in any way approved or even allowed

michael@mcdchg.UUCP (Michael Bodine) (12/17/87)

> In keeping with the level of fear that we may all be feeling as result of
> Mr. Galassi's posting, my .signature file has been lengthened:
...but my signature file was not included, so i am appending it here,
i hope...
My apologies...i'm having trouble getting my signature included, and
here i've been trying to keep net traffic down...i'm sticking my dang
signature in by hand and if it appears twice, i'm double sorry...