[comp.sys.m68k] Thanks everyone who responded!

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) (07/05/89)

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my posting.
I got lots of mail, some with suggestions, other from people
asking if I got any interesting answers.. ;-)
Both were appreciated. I did not receive any pointers to a
PD 68020 assembler except gas, which I cannot use, due to its
strange format. (Remember, we want students to use it..)
For myself I could use gas + utilities for translating a.out ->
S-record dumpable. Gas is quite nice as such.
So, as of now, I am thinking about expanding the assembler I
have source to with the 68020 directives, but I dread the work,
and fear I might break it, as it does a very nice work with
68000 code.. ;-)
So, apart from saying thanks for all the time people have taken to
help me, I am still looking.. Anyone have more pointers?
--
Jonas Flygare (aka Flax)        |Glenwhilly (n. Scots)
email: jonasf@kuling.UUCP       |A small tartan pouch worn beneath the

piner@pur-phy (Richard Piner) (07/14/89)

In article <1034@kuling.UUCP> you write:
>A while ago someone asked for info on 680XX PD-assemblers.
>
>I am in need of a 68020 assembler, runnable on UNIX, and that
>produces S-record files suitable for loading to a m68k machine
>used for teaching here.. Some things I would like..
>1) PD, or Shareware, or atleast not too expensive.
>2) Source. (Helps a lot when moving to other machines here..)
>3) Assembler + Linker, so we can prepare libraries for students to
>   use.

[Why can't mail and readnews get their act straight??? So I'll post.]

I think you may be asking a lot for shareware. I do know a commercial
software company that may have what you are looking for.
Contact Microware. They have both UNIX cross compilers and native systems.
I think OS9/68000 may be the system of choice for you. Microware's
address is;
Microware Systems Corp.
1900 N.W. 114th Street
Des Moines, Iowa  50322
Phone: 515-224-1929

(They are also connected to this network.)
						R. Piner