[comp.sys.m68k] I need a 68xxx monitor program.

cos842x@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (10/03/89)

I might be re-inventing the wheel here, I am sure of it.

I need the source code of a monitor program for the 68xxx, a la MSDOS debug
or simular.

I started to modify a small monitor I have, I am up to memory access commands.
I just thought if there is someone out there that would be kind enough to point
me to or provide me with the source (or executable code).

Thank you.

jmcvey@hpdml93.HP.COM (John McVey) (10/04/89)

Alas, there are many readers of this group that could benefit greatly
from a PD 68K monitor program.

There has been talk of a posting before, and I watched with great
interest but never saw it.

If there is such a beast out there, would someone please post it.  I
sure it would have broad interest in this group.

Many thanks in advance,

John McVey
jmcvey%hpbslq@hplabs.hp.com

rzh@lll-lcc.UUCP (Roger Hanscom) (10/05/89)

cos842x@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au asks in <8220@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au>:

>I need the source code of a monitor program for the 68xxx, a la MSDOS debug
>or similar.

Such a monitor was posted to this thread quite some time ago.  I believe
that I have a hard copy of it (somewhere!).  Can anybody dredge up the
original post, and send it off????  Help!

          roger             rzh@lll-lcc.llnl.gov

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (10/05/89)

In article <3460002@hpdml93.HP.COM>, jmcvey@hpdml93.HP.COM (John McVey) writes:
> Alas, there are many readers of this group that could benefit greatly
> from a PD 68K monitor program.

Check with Motorola Microcontroller Div. in Austin, TX regarding their Freeware
BBS.  There is quite a lot of PD software specifically for Moto processors.
I have used the board for 68HC11 support, so am less familiar with what is
available for the 68XXX series.  But, typically they have assemblers,
compilers, monitors, ap notes, and communications (bulletin boarding) with
other users (which many times offers great solutions to obscure problems
or applications).

The latest number I have for the Freeware BBS is 512-891-3733 (as of about
6 months ago).  If there are any problems with this number, contact your
local Motorola Applications Engineer.

Good Luck.

--
	Marvin Jones 		{pyramid, pixar, tekbspa}!optilink!jones
	Optilink Corp. 		 ATT-net:  707-795-9444 X 206

thomasw@vlsi2.CS.Concordia.CA (Thomas Wieland 1728423) (10/06/89)

In article <3460002@hpdml93.HP.COM> jmcvey@hpdml93.HP.COM (John McVey) writes:
>Alas, there are many readers of this group that could benefit greatly
>from a PD 68K monitor program.
>[..]
>If there is such a beast out there, would someone please post it.  I
>sure it would have broad interest in this group.
>
>Many thanks in advance,
>
>John McVey
>jmcvey%hpbslq@hplabs.hp.com

I have written a 68K monitor program about 5 years ago and would be willing
to post the sources (68k assembly), but don't know how to create a shar
archive, which seems to be the standard way of posting plaintext sources
around here (our sysadmin doesn't know either, I asked).

So, if anyone is interested, could I get some help regarding 'shar'? I've
also checked the manuals and searched the system directories, but had no
luck there, either.  If I need a special program/script to create shar files,
I would probably need that, too.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Thomas Wieland                       Email:  thomasw@jupiter.cs.concordia.ca
Dept. of Computer Science               or:  thomasw@concour.cs.concordia.ca
Concordia University
Montreal, PQ  Canada                 Phone:  (514) 848-3039