[comp.sys.m68k] Info on create data module

nom@m2-net.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (10/28/89)

 I ran into references to a system call under OS-68K recently called
create data module (I forgot the CORRECT name). I do not work with OS-68K
personally, so I have no idea of what the parameters and syntax of this
call is. Would someone mind posting a man page or similar explaining the
command in a fair amount of detail?

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (10/29/89)

In article <4042@m2-net.UUCP> nom@m-net.UUCP (Paul Campbell) writes:
>Would someone mind posting a man page or similar explaining the
>command [well, actually system call, to create a data module]
>in a fair amount of detail?

Here goes:

	os9 F$DatMod

inputs:

d0.l = size of module body wanted (not counting header or CRC)
d1.w = attributes and revision number to put on new module
d2.w = module access permission desired
(a0) = module name pointer

outputs (if everything works):

condition code register has the carry bit cleared

d0.w = module type/language word
d1.w = module attributes and revision
(a0) = updated to just past the name it pointed at on input
(a1) = module data pointer
(a2) = module header pointer

outputs (if something goes wrong):

condition code register has the carry bit set

d1.w = error code

	James ("Opinions?  *ME*?") Jones