[comp.sys.m68k] convertion from MOTOROLA asm format to MIT asm format

sanchez@duke.irisa.fr (Patrick Sanchez) (12/11/89)

Could someone tell me where I could find a program to convert
assembler sources from MOTOROLA format to MIT format
eg: 'move.l (a0)+,(a1)+'    to  'movl +a0@,+a1@'
I don't want do reinvent the weel !!

Patrick SANCHEZ
INRIA-IRISA (Rennes) Campus de Beaulieu  F-35042 Rennes Cedex  FRANCE
PHONE : +33  99 36 20 00 ext 492             EMAIL : sanchez@irisa.fr

russ@argus.CS.ORST.EDU (Russell Ruby) (12/13/89)

In article <1824@irisa.irisa.fr>, sanchez@duke.irisa.fr (Patrick Sanchez) writes:
> Could someone tell me where I could find a program to convert
> assembler sources from MOTOROLA format to MIT format
> eg: 'move.l (a0)+,(a1)+'    to  'movl +a0@,+a1@'
> I don't want do reinvent the weel !!

After writing a library of multiprecision arithmetic routines in
MOTOROLA format for Tektronix 68020 "utek" workstations,  I had
the same problem when I wanted to port the lot to Sun machines which
use an MIT style format.  So, I wound up writing a "lex" translator
for the task.  We have an anonymous ftp directory at  cs.orst.edu
but i never got around to sticking it in there.  If people are interested
i could do that, or send it by mail if ftp access is unavailable.
The translator did everything i needed, plus more, but it is missing
a few things i never got around to including.  Shouldn't be too hard
to add anything missing though ...

Russell Ruby      russ@math.orst.edu

zaphod@madnix.UUCP (Ron Bean) (12/15/89)

writes:

>Could someone tell me where I could find a program to convert
>assembler sources from MOTOROLA format to MIT format
>eg: 'move.l (a0)+,(a1)+'    to  'movl +a0@,+a1@'

  I've seen reference to this before, and I'd be interested in a
listing of the 'MIT' syntax (or a conversion program if one is
available).

zaphod@madnix.UUCP (Ron Bean)
{harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!zaphod
                           {decvax|att}!