[comp.sys.m68k] Wanted: 68K assembler under msdos

scott@csusac.csus.edu (L. Scott Emmons) (02/21/90)

I apologize if this question has been beaten to the ground around here already,
but I haven't previously been in this newsgroup.

Does anyone know of any 68K assemblers that will run under msdos?  I need to
assemble 68K source into 68K object code.

Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
--
			L. Scott Emmons
			---------------

stevem@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM (Steve McClure) (02/24/90)

In article <1990Feb20.190522.21575@csusac.csus.edu> scott@csusac.csus.edu (L. Scott Emmons) writes:
>I apologize if this question has been beaten to the ground around here already,
>but I haven't previously been in this newsgroup.
>
>Does anyone know of any 68K assemblers that will run under msdos?  I need to
>assemble 68K source into 68K object code.

I know there is an MS-DOS based cross development system for AmigaDos targets.
I do know where you can get one, rather cheaply at that, but don't anything
about performance, requirements, etc.  I assume a compiler, assembler, and
linker are there.  I can check details if you like.

Steve
-----
Steve.McClure@Columbia.NCR.COM
The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!
CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400

dalen@telxon.uucp (Dale Niedzielski) (03/01/90)

In article <2011@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM> stevem@sauron.UUCP (Steve McClure) writes:
>In article <1990Feb20.190522.21575@csusac.csus.edu> scott@csusac.csus.edu (L. Scott Emmons) writes:
>>I apologize if this question has been beaten to the ground around here already,
>>but I haven't previously been in this newsgroup.
>>
>>Does anyone know of any 68K assemblers that will run under msdos?  I need to
>>assemble 68K source into 68K object code.
>>

>I know there is an MS-DOS based cross development system for AmigaDos targets.
>I do know where you can get one, rather cheaply at that, but don't anything
>about performance, requirements, etc.  I assume a compiler, assembler, and
>linker are there.  I can check details if you like.
>

>Steve
>-----
>Steve.McClure@Columbia.NCR.COM
>The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!
>CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400

   I have the Amiga Cross Development System.  The package includes the
C compiler, 68k Assembler and linker.  Unfortunately, it is considerably
outdated for the Amiga (Kickstart/Workbench Rev. 1.1) and is no longer
supported by Commodore/Amiga.  The good news is I found it on the
"discount" table at my local Amiga dealer for $10.00.  Given your
application (as well as the cheap price) it just might do the trick.

   Regards,
   [d.n.]

bill@oakhill.UUCP (bill) (03/06/90)

   Motorola development systems will be releasing a MSDOS (yuck) Cross-Assembler
for all 16/32-bit chips in a week or two. The part number will be M68HXBASM2.
The list price will be $190. This assembler will handle 68k/08/10/20/30/40
68332 (new micro_controller),68851 (MMU) , 68881/2 op-codes. Contact your
Motorola sales office.

Bill Craig
Motorola Development Systems
oakhill!devsys!bill@cs.utexas.edu