[comp.sys.m68k] Signetics 68905 BMAC

steveb@shade.UUCP (Steve Barber) (03/09/90)

A friend of mine just learned of a Signetics chip for the 68xxx series,
the 68905 Basic Memory Access Controller.  He thinks this chip is
a cache/MMU controller for 68000's and 68010's.  Does anybody have
any of these guys sitting around that they'd like to sell?  Data books
would be nice too.

He is also looking for data sheets for (I think) a Signetics 68450,
which I think is a floppy controller with built-in DMA.  (Hope I'm
not confusing that number with the DMA controller.  :-)

Any replies can be sent to Mike Stroven:  ...!uunet!sharkey!anet!mist
					  mist@anet.ann-arbor.mi.us

or if all else fails, to me and I can forward them.

Thanks.
--
--**-Steve Barber----steveb@shade.Ann-Arbor.MI.US----(cmode)-------------------

caveh@csl.sri.com (Caveh Jalali) (03/10/90)

In article <1522@shade.UUCP> steveb@shade.ann-arbor.mi.us (Steve Barber) writes:

>A friend of mine just learned of a Signetics chip for the 68xxx series,
>the 68905 Basic Memory Access Controller.  He thinks this chip is
>a cache/MMU controller for 68000's and 68010's.  Does anybody have
>any of these guys sitting around that they'd like to sell?  Data books
>would be nice too.

sorry to rain on the parade, but i was TRYING to get a hold of these
chips -- there is 3 of them.  i think the others are 68906 and 68920?
they all do about the same thing.
the spec sheets look VERY nice, etc...
anyhow, that was back in 1987.  i was told back then that these chips
were never produced -- "CANNED".  i've never heard otherwise since.

--
00c -- Who was that masked interrupt?
Internet: caveh@csl.sri.com