[comp.sys.m68k] C libraries

harper-m@lily.cis.ohio-state.edu (Matthew Hayden Harper) (03/14/90)

Newsgroups: gnu.gcc
Subject: Sun C libraries
I have been working on converting gcc -mc68000 compiled files on a Sun3/50 into
motorola hex records for a PROM programmer.  I have gotten everything that I
need to work except sscanf() and sprintf().  Several people told me where I
could find the source code for these functions.  I first tried the dlib
library for the atari st.  I compiled the functions I required and archived
them into a library.  The only external reference required was __ctype_ which
is linked in from /lib/libc.a and is the only external reference made to c.o,
so it does not link an anything else.  However, sprintf() and sscanf() did
not work at all when linked with the gcc object files.  Someone else was kind
enough to put up the libraries he used to download romable C code to 68030
boards, however these functions only worked with ints and strings, and did
not work with double precision values.  The main reason I want sprintf() and
sscanf() is so I can enter in data as strings, turn these strings into various
data types (primarily doubles), operate on the data, write the various data
types into a string, and output the string.  If anyone has libraries for
sscanf() and sprintf() which they have used with either cc or gcc on the SUNS
to produce romable c code (I need functions which do not link an anything from
the operating system which the functions in lib/libc.a seem to do), I would
appreciate it if you could tell me where I could get a copy of the library
file (preferably the source).

Thank you,

	Matt Harper

-=-