[comp.sys.m68k] needed: support for 68882 for 68000/10

srm@Matrix.COM (Steve Morris) (10/16/90)

I'm looking for software support for the 68882 FPU
for the 68000/68010 MPU. Is such a package available
as PD or for cost ?

Thanks

| Steve Morris                         srm@matrix.com         |
| Matrix Corporation                   mcnc!matrx!srm         |
| 1203 New Hope Road                   (919)231-8000 Telephone|

stevea@mcdclv.UUCP (Steve Alexander) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct15.212701.24023@Matrix.COM> srm@matrx.matrix.com (Steve Morris) writes:
>I'm looking for software support for the 68882 FPU
>for the 68000/68010 MPU. Is such a package available
>as PD or for cost ?

Motorola Semiconductor (not my division) has an application note
entitled "MC68881 Floating-Point Coprocessor as a Peripheral in an
M68000 System" which will be helpful.  Also they distribute an article
reprint "Software links math chip to 68000-family uP's" from EDN
January 1986.

Call your local distributor or Motorola Semiconductor Sales office and
ask for AN947 for the application note, and AR233 for the reprint.

--
Steve Alexander            | a twelve ton cast iron soda cracker,
Motorola Cleveland         | the stress on an aluminum plastic injection mold,