[comp.sys.m68k] Where can I get files from the Motoorola Freeware BBS?

Kan.Yuan@samba.acs.unc.edu (Kan Yuan) (11/03/90)

Hello, can anyone tell me if the stuff of the Freeware BBS is available
in some archive which can be accessed be ftp or mail?  Any help is appreciated.

rastatte@anaconda.cis.ohio-state.edu (kenneth r rastatter) (11/05/90)

In article <1519@beguine.UUCP> Kan.Yuan@samba.acs.unc.edu (Kan Yuan) writes:

>Hello, can anyone tell me if the stuff of the Freeware BBS is available
>in some archive which can be accessed be ftp or mail?  Any help is appreciated.
I've been wondering the same thing.  Please drop me a line if anyone
knows how to get on the Motorola BBS.

				Thanks,
				Ken Rastatter

Ken Rastatter                 |
rastatte@cis.ohio-state.edu   |

phil@mcdcup.UUCP (Phil Weinberg SPS) (11/05/90)

>>Hello, can anyone tell me if the stuff of the Freeware BBS is available
>>in some archive which can be accessed be ftp or mail?  Any help is appreciated.
>I've been wondering the same thing.  Please drop me a line if anyone
>knows how to get on the Motorola BBS.
>
>				Thanks,
>				Ken Rastatter
The phone number for the Motorola Freeware BBS is 512-891-FREE
(You figure it out).  It's available 7 days a week, 24 hours
a day (usually).
--
<< Usual Disclaimer >>
Phil Weinberg @ Motorola Semiconductor, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-5395

kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu (Lars Kellogg-Stedman) (11/08/90)

>The phone number for the Motorola Freeware BBS is 512-891-FREE
>(You figure it out).  It's available 7 days a week, 24 hours
>a day (usually).

Which, of course, completely fails to answer the question.

If you recall:
    > in some archive which can be accessed be ftp or mail?

A telephone number is most definately NOT ftp or mail.  I, too, would like
to know if there are any ftp or mail servers carrying the Motorola files.
I think that they used to be availble from a mail server, but that server is
now defunct...

>--
><< Usual Disclaimer >>
>Phil Weinberg @ Motorola Semiconductor, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-5395
>UUCP:  {hplabs, mot,} !mcdcup!phil
>Telephone:  +1 408-991-7385

Lars
--
~ ~ | Lars Kellogg-Stedman                 | "Software rots if not used"
O-O | kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu |        - The Tao of Programming
-=- |   I'm rarely responsible for what I say, do you think anybody else is?