[comp.sys.m68k] m68k monitor source

fff@mplexmicroplex.com (Fred Fierling) (11/07/90)

Can anyone tell me where I could FTP the source for a simple 68k monitor?

Yes, I've looked on the Motorola BBS, but I can't successfully unpack the
VUBUG.ARC file with any of the (3) versions of ARC that I have.
--
Fred Fierling    fff@microplex.com       Tel: 604 875-1461   Fax: 604 875-9029
Microplex Systems Ltd   265 East 1st Avenue   Vancouver, BC   V5T 1A7,  Canada

jmcvey@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (John McVey) (11/07/90)

I've had the same problems unpacking vubug.  Could somebody out there
lend us a hand.

John McVey
jmcvey%hpbslq@hplabs.hp.com

ron@motmpl.UUCP (Ron Widell) (11/13/90)

Fred Fierling (fff@mplexmicroplex.com) writes:
> Can anyone tell me where I could FTP the source for a simple 68k monitor?
>
> Yes, I've looked on the Motorola BBS, but I can't successfully unpack the
> VUBUG.ARC file with any of the (3) versions of ARC that I have.

I had the same trouble when I tried to unpack it. Examination of a hex dump
of the file showed that it was apparently packed on a Macintosh, so the
128 byte file header was pre-pended to the archive. I just used "dd" on my
unix box to get rid of the first 128 bytes and then unarc'd the file.

Also note that since it was done on a Mac, you will have to use "tr", etc.
to convert the end-of-line markers from CR to LF or CRLF.

I'll refrain from commenting on the creation of .arc files which don't comform
to the format specified by the creators :-(.

Regards,
--
Ron Widell, Field Applications Eng.	|UUCP: {...}mcdchg!motmpl!ron
Motorola Semiconductor Products, Inc.,	|Voice:(612)941-6800