Date: Fri, 15 Feb 91 14:39:30 +0100
From: esink@dit.upm.es (Eric Wayne Sink)
To: subbarao@phoenix
Subject: Re: Assembler wanted
Newsgroups: comp.sys.m68k

In article <6266@idunno.Princeton.EDU> you write:
>I was wondering whether there was an assembler available for Sun 3's running
>SunOS 4.1.1 that understood instructions of the form:
>move.l, lsl.l, etc..
>and generated object code for it.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>			-Kartik

I know of no assembler which fits what you are looking for.  However...

There is a program available which converts from move.l format to movl
format.  I use it all the time.  I obtained it from the PDC software
distribution for the Amiga, where it is called amiga2sun.  I have no
idea who wrote it.  Works like a charm though.  If you're interested,
I can mail you the source code.  I have made a few changes to it for
the purpose of portability (there were some Amiga-isms in it).

You might want to post this info to the net - our posting software
doesn't seem to be working or I would do it.

Eric

--
Eric W. Sink                     | Putting the phrase      |All opinions
Departamento de Telematica       | "Frequently Asked"      |are mine and