[comp.sys.m68k] 68050?

ken@hpcupt3.cup.hp.com (Kenneth M. Sumrall) (06/27/91)

Just curious.

Has Motorola announced plans to do a 68050?

If not, is 88K the Motorola platform of choice?

Thanks for any info you may have.

| Ken Sumrall                          |     Internet: ken%hpda@hplabs.hp.com |
| HP California Language Labs          |           UUCP:  ...!hplabs!hpda!ken |
|    "I'd stomp desert dope heads for some gas in my moped!" - Bill the Cat   |
|              "What a stupid world" -Calvin (speaking to Hobbes)             |

jtr@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Jim Reinhart) (06/28/91)

In article <48830001@hpcupt3.cup.hp.com> ken@hpcupt3.cup.hp.com (Kenneth M. Sumrall) writes:
>Just curious.
>
>Has Motorola announced plans to do a 68050?
>
>If not, is 88K the Motorola platform of choice?
>
>Thanks for any info you may have.

Motorola has announced its intention to build the 68050 and beyond but
has not released any substantial product details.  We have publicly
admitted that we are currently working on two generations of products
beyond the 68040.

We also intend to continue investment in a broad range of computing
technology including 88k, DSP, MCUs, and non-conventional processing
elements as well.  Recent press stories hint at other possibilities for
inclusion into our portfolio.

--
Regards,
Jim Reinhart