[sci.electronics] HP 608D Documentation

ornitz@kodak.UUCP (04/24/87)

In article <10053@sri-spam.istc.sri.com> jeffr@sri-spam.UUCP (Jeff Rininger) writes:
>In article <689@unccvax.UUCP> dsi@unccvax.UUCP (DataSpan R+D) writes:
>>     The 608 and its various clones (which are identical) is a fine
>>piece of equipment.  I wish I'd a manual for mine, too.
>
>	Tucker Electronics sells manuals for the used equipment they
>	sell, and they sell the 608D.  Call Jan Malatia at 800-527-4642.
>	Given their prices for used equipment, be prepared to pay a lot.

I have tried on several occasions to purchase manuals from Tucker without
success.  They would sell me a manual only if I purchased the instrument.
They once told me that they had a spare manual but would not even loan
it or photocopy it for me.  If anyone on the net has a manual for a Telonic
SPI-64 sweep generator, I have a deal for you!!!  This may also be know as
a SG-599/DRA-6 in military nomenclature.

I once placed a large order with Tucker for X-band waveguide hardware.  It
arrived with nice calibration decals, but several pieces were missing
critical components which rendered them inoperable.  I wonder how Tucker
performed the calibrations?  After sending these back, I have vowed to never
have any more dealings with Tucker.  Previously, I had sold some equipment
to Tucker; they resold it at a 4 to 5 X markup.  I also had to wait over
four months for payment.  My suggestion is to be wary when dealing with this
outfit.
                    Barry   WA4VZQ
| |  / /        | |  Dr. Barry L. Ornitz    UUCP:...!rochester!kodak!ornitz
| | / /         | |  Eastman Kodak Company
| |< < K O D A K| |  Eastman Chemicals Division Research Laboratories
| | \ \         | |  P. O. Box 1972
| |__\ \________| |  Kingsport, TN  37662       615/229-4904