[sci.electronics] Minimal transmitter/receiver setup

shadow@reed.UUCP (05/26/87)

Does anybody out there have any ideas on how to create a minimalist
radio transmitter and receiver setup.  A simple pulse signal transmitter
and a receiver to activate a relay.  Any help would be appreciated.

						Matt Giger
						tektronix!reed!shadow

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (05/27/87)

In article <6414@reed.UUCP> shadow@reed.UUCP (Matthew Giger) writes:

> Does anybody out there have any ideas on how to create a minimalist
> radio transmitter and receiver setup.  A simple pulse signal transmitter
> and a receiver to activate a relay.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>	Matt Giger		tektronix!reed!shadow

Last time I looked, Radio Shack was still selling a little radio/control
transmitter/receiver pair for a reasonable price.  Unless you need quantity,
that's probably the way to go.  Transmitters are easy, receivers not so much.