[sci.electronics] old field radios

robert@uop.UUCP (Robert McCaul--The Equalizer) (07/25/87)

i need to know where i can get the schematics and such for
WWII era field radios.

specifically i need to know operational freqs. and coil sizes.

i am resoring some for a local surplus store, and need help!!

also i recall a place called "Fair way radio sales"
i think they are in ohio, if anyone has their address, it would help
as i believe they sell surplus radio gear (as i recall)

if anyone has worked on these radios and can offer some advice,
please do!!

(to avoid net overflow, try reply)

i need the info ASAP thanks!!

         "He reads all the time....is that healthy??"

...sun!ptsfa!cogent!uop!robert
                               ...seismo!lll-crg!ucdavis!uop!robert

In article <438@uop.UUCP>, robert@uop.UUCP (Robert McCaul--The Equalizer) writes:
> i need to know where i can get the schematics and such for
> WWII era field radios.
>
> specifically i need to know operational freqs. and coil sizes.
>
> i am resoring some for a local surplus store, and need help!!
       ^^^^^^^^
                  thats restoring!!!

             "What the hell is he up to *now*??"

...sun!ptsfa!cogent!uop!robert
                               ...seismo!lll-crg!ucdavis!uop!robert

In article <438@uop.UUCP>, robert@uop.UUCP (Robert McCaul--The Equalizer) writes:
> i need to know where i can get the schematics and such for
> WWII era field radios.

	Try Fair Radio Sales Co., 1016 E. Eureka St., Lima, OH 45802,
telephone 419/223-2196.

	Fair Radio Sales seems to be the only surplus store which still has
significant quantities of World War II surplus.  They also specifically
sell schematics and manuals.

	When I last looked at one of their catalogs a few years ago, they
even had unused ARC-5 command sets and parts.  Now, that's pretty amazing
for over 40 years later... :-)

<>  Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
<>  UUCP:  {allegra|ames|boulder|decvax|rocksanne|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
<>  VOICE: 716/688-1231        {hplabs|ihnp4|mtune|seismo|utzoo}!/
<>  FAX:   716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3 modes}    "Have you hugged your cat today?"