[sci.electronics] Looking for a good book

kory@quad1.quad.com (Kory Hamzeh) (07/28/87)

I looking for a good book on the principles of electromagnetics that
is not very math intensive. The books that I have seen are either to
simple or to math intensive. Something in the 1st or 2nd year college
level.

Am I asking for the impossible?

Kory Hamzeh

PS. If you got this posting twice, sorry, we were having some net
problems, so I re-mailed.

In article <988@quad1.quad.com> kory@quad1.quad.com (Kory Hamzeh) writes:
>I looking for a good book on the principles of electromagnetics that
>is not very math intensive. The books that I have seen are either to
>simple or to math intensive. Something in the 1st or 2nd year college
>level.

I think the second volume in the Berkeley Physics Course, published
originally around 1970, is excellent for the type of presentation
you seem to be after.  It stressed superposition, symmetry, and
other "short-cut" principles, and had nice diagrams that made the
integral theorems appear "natural".  I forget the author but it may
have been Purcell.