[sci.electronics] Further followup on old-fart electronics quiz

max@zion.berkeley.edu (Max Hauser) (08/02/87)

In article <1901@kitty.UUCP> larry@kitty.UUCP (Larry Lippman) writes:
>In article <19929@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, max@zion.berkeley.edu (Max Hauser) writes:
>> 5. What is the "purple plague"?
>
>	Undoubtedly the best question!  Ain't no way that anyone other than
>an old fart will know the answer to this one!  And you certainly won't find
>the answer in any book!

I have to admit this is not completely true. Although I won't spoil
the question by discussing the purple plague here, I will concede
that microelectronics engineers, even recently trained ones, will have
heard of the purple plague if they have a broad backgound. One of the
contemporary texts mentions it in some depth (I just checked).
However, I heard about it the same way Larry did, many years ago,
and anyway there are not that many microelectronics engineers,
especially on the net.

			Max Hauser