[sci.electronics] info needed about Nubus

marc@ucla-cs.UUCP (09/30/87)

In article <628@uhnix1.UUCP> cosclsp@uhnix1.UUCP (6066) writes:
>Where can I find information (anything from overviews to spec sheets) on the
>Nubus, especially the one in Apple's Macintosh II.

There is a document published by Texas Instruments called:
	"NuMachine NuBus Specification" part number TI-2242825-0001 (1983).

Also available is a technical report from Berkeley which describes the SpurBus
which is an extended subset of NuBus. I have a draft of it so I don't have
the exact tech. rep. number, but that should be easy to find.
	"SpurBus Specification" Garth Gibson, Computer Science Division, UCB.

					Marc Tremblay
					marc@CS.UCLA.EDU
					...!(ihnp4,ucbvax)!ucla-cs!marc
					Computer Science Department, UCLA

floyd@humu.UUCP (Robert W. Floyd) (10/01/87)

Sorry for the long summary-this is my first try.  The above article has a four
page overview of the Nubus, along with specific characteristics of the
Mac version.  There is a picture of the Apple video controller on a Nubus
card on page 87.