[sci.electronics] Machines to speak with the dead.

macleod@drivax.UUCP (10/02/87)

Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
paranormal communications work?

david@sun.uucp (David DiGiacomo) (10/02/87)

In article <2483@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
>Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
>with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
>their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
>anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
>paranormal communications work?

No, but if you use pathalias you can easily route mail to the dead...

seismo	fosse(DEAD), huston(DEAD), tosh(DEAD)

dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (10/03/87)

In article <2483@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
>Is there
>anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
>paranormal communications work?

Try any Michael Jackson record.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi

robert@uop.UUCP (Robert McCaul--The Equalizer) (10/04/87)

In article <29825@sun.uucp>, david@sun.uucp (David DiGiacomo) writes:
> In article <2483@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
> >Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
> >with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
> >their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
> >anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
> >paranormal communications work?

i called jerry garcia on my telephone the other day...does this count?

;-)

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (10/04/87)

There is a charismatic minister here in Akron, OH that occasionally
gets national attention: Earnest Angely.  Robin Williams did an
impression of brother Earnest on the "Reality, What a Concept"
album.  Earnest used to have a telephone extension in with the
departed Mrs. Angely.  The former Mrs. Angely is no longer in such
good favor, so Earnest had here extension disconnected.  I never
did hear any reports of Earnest making other-worldly phone calls,
though!

  --Bill

(wtm@neoucom.UUCP)

dlleigh@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Darren L. Leigh) (10/05/87)

In article <2483@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
>Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
>with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
>their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
>anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
>paranormal communications work?

I've been doing this for quite a while and now have a great collection
of Elvis's recent stuff.  Your home stereo will work with the proper
receiver.  You need a psionic tuner and some way to find out the
cosmic frequencies that the particular dead person is broadcasting on.
For this I used a psychic spectrum analyzer that I picked up at a used
occult sale.  Elvis has been broadcasting lately at about 15 million
pseudo-Hertz.

finegan@uccba.UUCP (Mike Finegan) (10/05/87)

In article <2483@drivax.UUCP>, macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
> Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
> with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
> their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
> anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
> paranormal communications work?

	This is a joke, right?
	(I thought it was s_c_i_e_n_c_e_.electronics)
					Mike Finegan

zrm@eddie.MIT.EDU (Zigurd R. Mednieks) (10/05/87)

In my experience this is not a joke. Some of my best friends disappear
from time to time to go listen to the Dead. Machines for recording
their messages surely must exist since street peddlars here seem to
have briefcases full of tapes of the Dead.

-Zigurd

mac@idacrd.UUCP (Bob McGwier) (10/06/87)

in article <568@uop.UUCP>, robert@uop.UUCP (Robert McCaul--The Equalizer) says:

> In article <29825@sun.uucp>, david@sun.uucp (David DiGiacomo) writes:
>> In article <2483@drivax.UUCP> macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) writes:
>> >Are there any others out there involved with audio/video contact
>> >with the dead? I have a bunch of material from Spiricom describing
>> >their attempts, and I've heard a tape they have produced.  Is there
>> >anybody out there doing tape recording of ghost voices or other
>> >paranormal communications work?
>>
> i called jerry garcia on my telephone the other day...does this count?
>
> ;-)

I don't know but I was wondering if he was GRATEFUL for your call.

;-)

lee@nscpdc.NSC.COM (Lee Tapper) (10/06/87)

	I haven't had any experience with machines that speak
	to the dead, but I have had a lot of trouble communicating
	with the undead. I'm sure each of us encounter the undead
	many times in day to day life. Are there any machines that
	speak to these folks ( maybe the TV ? ).

			Lee