[sci.electronics] Motorolla 6805 C4 specs

dave@csustan.UUCP (david j wells) (10/12/87)

I am working on a project, and the MC68HC805C4 looks like it does
exactly what I need, but I don't have any leads on where to get
technical specs on the sucker.  What I need are timing charts,
power usage, pin-outs, machine instructions, UART specifics, etc.
Basically everything ...

					Thanks,
					David

--

-----
David J Wells				dave@csustan.uucp

dunn@ihlpf.ATT.COM (10/14/87)

>technical specs on the sucker.  What I need are timing charts,
>power usage, pin-outs, machine instructions, UART specifics, etc.
>Basically everything ...
>
>					Thanks,
>					 David

Q. Gee, where does one find out about a product being sold by a known company?

A. I know this may sound stupid, but how about contacting Motorola? After all
they are the ones producing the darn thing and they should be very happy to helpyou.
			Bill
			ihnp4!ihlpf!dunn

john@tower.UUCP (John Moore) (10/17/87)

In article <978@csustan.UUCP> dave@csustan.UUCP (david j wells) writes:

>I am working on a project, and the MC68HC805C4 looks like it does
>technical specs on the sucker.
Call your local Motorola Saleman (see: white pages). If they wont
give them to you, make up a company name and try again. I have found
that in general manufacturers are glad to give you specs (I have
7 shelves of them - all FREE) and application notes.

By the way, hope you like paying mask ROM charges and want at least
1000 of them.

You really should look at:
	MC146705G2, MC1468705F2 (they have EPROM)
		-Or_
Their latest line is the MC68HC11, which is a lot neater - it has
on-chip EEPROM (including program store on some versions). It is
also a 16 bit internal architecture and instruction set. Furthermore,
you can get a version with Forth (no flames please!) in ROM.

You want the following:
8-Bit MPU and MCU Family (pub # BR261)
M68HC11 HCMOS Single-Chip Microcomputer Programmer's Reference Manual,
   Pub #M68HC11PM/AD,
and anything else they will send you.

If you can't get it out of the local Motorola person, you aren't
trying hard enough. However, you can always call Motorola literature
distribution center (in Phoenix, AZ) at ^02-994-6561.
not sure abou

--
John Moore (NJ7E)
(602) 861-7607 (day or evening)