[sci.electronics] Oldfartism

maa@nbires.nbi.com (Mark Armbrust) (02/04/88)

In article <786@PT.CS.CMU.EDU> phd@SPEECH1.CS.CMU.EDU (Paul Dietz) writes:
>P.S. Just how old does one have to be to be "an old fart"?
>How will I know when it happens to me?

Oldfartism is just like alcoholism, if you ever ask yourself the question "Am
I an old fart?", you are.  You should immediatly get in touch with the local
chapter of OFA for support and therapy.

Now what about people like me who think about asking the question?

Mark

cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris Sylvain) (02/05/88)

In article <1244@nbires.nbi.com> maa@nbires.UUCP (Mark Armbrust) writes:
> You should immediatly get in touch with the local chapter of OFA for support
> and therapy.

Not if you're a RF type old fart. In which case, you join The One True Organi-
zation For Aging RFs (Radio Folks): the group of "Old Crows". I forget the
full and complete name for the organization - any authentic Old Crows out
there?
--
--==---==---==--
.. And, as in uffish thought he stood, ..

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (02/05/88)

     The Association of Old Crows is an organization for people involved
in electronic warfare.  They publish Electronic Warfare magazine, sponsor
conferences, and such.  Members tend to work for large aerospace companies,
have high level security clearances, and talk about their work in very general
terms.

					John Nagle

todd@uop.edu (Dr. Nethack) (02/06/88)

In article <2256@umd5.umd.edu>, cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris Sylvain) writes:
> In article <1244@nbires.nbi.com> maa@nbires.UUCP (Mark Armbrust) writes:
> the group of "Old Crows". I forget the
> full and complete name for the organization - any authentic Old Crows out
> there?

It is the Association of Old Crows, see any copy of Electronic Warfare
magazine!
---
                       ...rutgers!retix!\
          ...ames!ucbcad!ucbvax!ucdavis!uop!todd
             ...uunet!lll-winken!cogent!/

    Remember, Dr. Science has a Master's Degree, in *Science*

jans@tekcrl.TEK.COM (Jan Steinman) (02/09/88)

<<... how old does one have to be to be "an old fart"?  How will I know when it
happens to me?>>

<... if you ever ask yourself the question "Am I an old fart?", you are...>

Warning!  Daffynition approaching!

Cogitation: the process by which one becomes a codger.

(All right, I'm guilty.  I know this doesn't belong in sci.electronics!)

:::::: Software Productivity Technologies    ---    Smalltalk   Project ::::::
:::::: Jan Steinman N7JDB	Box 500, MS 50-470	(w)503/627-5881 ::::::
:::::: jans@tekcrl.TEK.COM	Beaverton, OR 97077	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::
--
(Stamp out facist .signature restrictions!)