[sci.electronics] Schematic capture/ PCB layout software????

philb@orca.TEK.COM (Phil Biehl) (02/26/88)

	I'm looking to buy a schematic capture and printed circuit
	board layout software package for my AST AT clone. I would
	like to hear from various users of these packages out there.
	Any and all help appreciated.

	Thankx,

	Phil Biehl, N7FWL

usenet:		...!{decvax,hplabs,zehntel,reed,uw-beaver}!tektronix!orca!philb
arpanet:	philb%orca%tektronix@csnet-relay.arpa
csnet:		philb%orca@tektronix.csnet
work ph:	(503)685-2122
mail:		Tektronix Inc., IDG MS 61-033, POB 1000, Wilsonville OR 97070

lharris@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Leonard Harris) (02/28/88)

If you have the money, the Racal-redac system is pretty good.
On a lower budget ($1000-2500 range) the system from Orcad can't be beat.
The schematics capture package is very easy to use, and very powerful.  Generates
netlists in dozens of formats too.  They also just announced a PCB/routing package
but I haven't seen that yet.
/leonard

coltoff@PRC.Unisys.COM (Chilly Willy) (02/29/88)

In article <1988Feb27.213928.23133@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> lharris@gpu.utcs.UUCP (Leonard Harris) writes:

>If you have the money, the Racal-redac system is pretty good.
>On a lower budget ($1000-2500 range) the system from Orcad can't be beat.
>The schematics capture package is very easy to use, and very powerful.  Generates

Orcad can be beat and by orders of magnitude. We did beta test for a package
called icap. They don't have any PCB layout yet but that will follow soon.
If anyone is interested get in touch with me by email and I'll send more
data.
--
	- Joel
		{psuvax1,sdcrdcf}!burdvax!coltoff	(UUCP)