[sci.electronics] Electronic design on Macintosh

mikael@sm.luth.se (Mikael Eriksson) (03/25/88)

  Does anybody has any experience of programs for design
and simulation of electronic (both analog and digital)
circuits on macintosh. I would like to know about such programs
and how good they are.

  Other things I want the program to do is:

    - Save subcircuits.
    - It should be possible to design board layout.
    - Work on Mac II (This is a must).

 Please answer by mail, I will summarize to the net if there is
 any responce.

  -- mikael
--
Mikael Eriksson  (mikael@sm.luth.se)  or  ...enea!sm.luth.se!mikael
.........	From the US         ..!uunet!enea!sm.luth.se!mikael

DTREADW@pucc.Princeton.EDU (David Treadwell) (03/29/88)

In article <1016@luth.luth.se>, mikael@sm.luth.se (Mikael Eriksson) writes:
sorry to post, but this mailer can't find that mailer...

>  Does anybody has any experience of programs for design
>and simulation of electronic (both analog and digital)
>circuits on macintosh. I would like to know about such programs
>and how good they are.

DigSimDo is a neat little package for the Mac.  It only does
digital, and it only has the basic circuit elements (NAND,
NOR, inverter, maybe one or two others), but it DOES have
subcircuits to make flip-flops, etc.  I designed a simple 8-bit
"nanocomputer" with it (even built the thing).  DigSimDo does
have a couple of not-insurmountable bugs, such as the inability to
overwrite a file, but it is shareware and only costs about $25.
(rough number from memory).

>  Other things I want the program to do is:
>
>    - Save subcircuits.
yup.
>    - It should be possible to design board layout.
nope.
>    - Work on Mac II (This is a must).
i know it works on 512k, Plus, and SE, so I assume it works on II.