[sci.electronics] LORAN-C users' group sought

commgrp@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (BACS Data Communications Group) (03/30/88)

posted to sci.electronics, rec.avaition, rec.ham-radio:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a LORAN-C Users' Group?  I'm told
that one exists, but have been unable to find an address.  The group
reportedly has a sub-section of people concerned with land navigation
by LORAN-C, in which I am especially interested.

Thanks in advance; e-mail replies don't always go!

--

Frank Reid
PO Box 5283

dalesys@lamont.Columbia.edu (dale chayes) (04/06/88)

In article <1309@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, commgrp@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (BACS Data Communications Group) writes:
> Does anyone know the whereabouts of a LORAN-C Users' Group?  I'm told
> that one exists,

There is a very real, very active Loran-C users group call the Wild Goose
Association. They put out an informative news letter, hold an annual
meeting with technical papers, and publish the papers after the meeting.

You can write to:
	WGA Secretary
	118 Quaint Acres Drive
	Silver Spring MD   20904

According to the bill here on my desk (overdue as usual) the annual dues
are $40, and worth while if you are a serious user or vendor in the
Loran-C world.

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
usmail: Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964