[sci.electronics] Help needed; Power On Test Failure - HP2621p Terminal

timr@teklds.TEK.COM (Tim Riordan) (04/07/88)

Does anyone have a Service manual that indicates which component(s)
is failing when the the power-on self test reports:

   PROGRAM RAM? 1

Tim Riordan
18940 SW Westword St    (503) 642-5049
Aloha, OR 97007-1403	(503) 629-1777

gold@ga.ecn.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) (04/13/88)

In article <3009@teklds.TEK.COM> timr@teklds.UUCP (Tim Riordan) writes:
>Does anyone have a Service manual that indicates which component(s)
>is failing when the the power-on self test reports:
>
>   PROGRAM RAM? 1
>
>Tim Riordan
>18940 SW Westword St    (503) 642-5049
>Aloha, OR 97007-1403	(503) 629-1777

My HP2621 A/P Service manual reports that a error message of
PROGRAM RAM 1? means that CMOS 1 failed and the action to take is to
replace U601. U601 is Hp part No. 1818-0708 and is a CMOS RAM IC
located on the processor PCA. I hope this information will be of help.