[sci.electronics] PSPICE Demo Posted

cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris Sylvain) (04/24/88)

[]

The PSPICE Demo Distribution from MicroSim has been posted in
comp.binaries.ibm.pc. It is a 14 part (!) UUencoded ARC file.

I'm a satisfied PSPICE user with no connection to MicroSim.
--
--==---==---==--
.. He took his vorpal sword in hand: ..

dhelaan@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU (Abdullah Al-Dhelaan) (04/24/88)

Dear NetLanders,

Why would anybody post a huge Demo program to a newsgroup that is distributed
all over the world. I know that usually companies pay a lot of money for
these ads, most will mail you a free disk, and these people are getting this
free ride. Well, is not really free because others are paying it.

Let's not jam the Net with these things it is already experiencing a high
traffic. I don't think posing any demo is beneficial except for the company.

-Abdullah

feg@moss.ATT.COM (04/26/88)

In article <2604@umd5.umd.edu>, cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris Sylvain) writes:

> The PSPICE Demo Distribution from MicroSim has been posted in
> comp.binaries.ibm.pc. It is a 14 part (!) UUencoded ARC file.
>
> I'm a satisfied PSPICE user with no connection to MicroSim.

Thank you for that information----but while you were at it,
with such a massive posting--couldn't you have told us what
this is?

Forrest Gehrke

gwu@clyde.ATT.COM (George Wu) (04/27/88)

In article <25410@clyde.ATT.COM> feg@moss.ATT.COM writes:
>In article <2604@umd5.umd.edu>, cgs@umd5.umd.edu (Chris Sylvain) writes:
>> The PSPICE Demo Distribution from MicroSim has been posted in
>> comp.binaries.ibm.pc. It is a 14 part (!) UUencoded ARC file.
>
>Thank you for that information----but while you were at it,
>with such a massive posting--couldn't you have told us what
>this is?

     PSPICE is a commercial circuit simulator, one of the may spinoffs
(derivatives) of the UC Berkeley's Spice circuit simulator. The actual
product PSPICE is of course proprietary, but I'm sure MicroSim would love
to see their demo program distributed as widely as possible.

     There was a brief discussion about PSPICE on sci.electronics, but I
suppose Chris simply forgot that the IBM PC readers don't all read the other
group.

--
					George J Wu

UUCP: {ihnp4,ulysses,cbosgd,allegra}!clyde!gwu
ARPA: gwu%clyde.att.com@rutgers.edu or gwu@faraday.ece.cmu.edu