[sci.electronics] Loudspeaker Design Bibliography

ornitz@kodak.UUCP (barry ornitz) (07/12/88)

I ran across this reference in the Government Reports Index - some of you might
find this interesting.  The report can be ordered from the National Technical
Information Service, US Dept. Commerce, Springfield, VA  22161.

Report PB88-851076  NTIS  supercedes PB85-871994

Loudspeaker Design, January 1975 - October 1987  (Citations from the INSPEC:
Information Services for the Physics and Engineering Communities Database).

"This bibliography contains citations concerning the design and development of
various types of speakers and loudspeaker systems.  Design methods include
computer aided design, nonlinear optimization methods, and analysis by finite
element analysis.....Present and future trends in loudspeaker technology are
included."

;-)  I doubt if the various snake-oil designs popular on wreck.audio are
     included.  I also doubt if more than three or four wreck.audio readers
     can even understand what nonlinear optimization and finite element
     analysis means.                                                     :-)

                                             Barry L. Ornitz

clark@leadsv.UUCP (John Clark) (07/13/88)

In article <1309@kodak.UUCP> ornitz@kodak.UUCP (barry ornitz) writes:
$I also doubt if more than three or four wreck.audio readers
$     can even understand what nonlinear optimization and finite element
$     analysis means.                                                     :-)
$
$                                             Barry L. Ornitz

Fuck You

John Clark

markf@amc.UUCP (Mark Freeman) (07/15/88)

In article <3446@leadsv.UUCP>, clark@leadsv.UUCP (John Clark) writes:
> In article <1309@kodak.UUCP> ornitz@kodak.UUCP (barry ornitz) writes:
> $I also doubt if more than three or four wreck.audio readers
> $     can even understand what nonlinear optimization and finite element
> $     analysis means.                                                     :-)
>
> Fuck You

I take it that means you understand what nonlinear optimization and finite
element analysis means.  Add one more to the list.

Don't worry about going over the heads of the readers.  I'm sure more people
would rather slog through a little difficult technical terrain, than
fly over acres of the usual garbage found here.

I almost forgot, f**k you and add me to the list, too.

--
				Mark S. Freeman
				Applied Microsystems Corp.