[sci.electronics] Composite to TTL converter

bear@bgsuvax.UUCP (Michael D. Bear) (07/21/88)

	I can imagine that this is a tired old subject, but all of the
discussion that I have seen has been about color conversion.  I am looking
for a sync splitter circuit that will decode a composite signal into
TTL levels suitable for connecting to a 15khz monochrome monitor (not PC
compatible).   Any leads...

--
Michael D. Bear                     UUCP    .!cbosgd!osu-cis!bgsuvax!bear
Computer Technician                 CSNET   bear@bgsu.edu

jja@tut.fi (Ahola Jari) (07/24/88)

In article <2665@bgsuvax.UUCP>, bear@bgsuvax.UUCP (Michael D. Bear) writes:

> 	I can imagine that this is a tired old subject, but all of the
> discussion that I have seen has been about color conversion.  I am looking
> for a sync splitter circuit that will decode a composite signal into
> TTL levels suitable for connecting to a 15khz monochrome monitor (not PC
> compatible).   Any leads...

Simple solution: Get a LM1881 (National Semiconductor, couple of bucks),
		 add a resistor and a capasitor + Vcc and your composite
		 video: You get all syncs, even/odd frame information and
		 front/back porch information out of this little 8-pin
		 miracle.

-jja

--
Jari 'jja' Ahola	| Tampere University of Technology, CS dept.
Opiskelijankatu 16 A 12 | P.O. Box 527, 33101 Tampere, Finland