[sci.electronics] A rather delicate fourier transform problem

etxbrfa@kklm01.ericsson.se (Bjoern Fahller) (09/19/88)

I want to get the harmonic spectrum from a audio wave. All I want to do,
is to recreate the envelope of the lower 16 harmonics.
Now you say:
- What's the problem with that.
And I say
-I want to do it in real-time.
                    =========
SNAIL: Bjoern Fahller           Vox humana: (+46) 8 - 719 62 52
       c/o Styris
       Teknikerv 35
       S-141 73 Huddinge
       SWEDEN

dtynan@sultra.UUCP (Dermot Tynan) (09/21/88)

In article <1835@erix.ericsson.se>, etxbrfa@kklm01.ericsson.se (Bjoern Fahller) writes:
> I want to get the harmonic spectrum from a audio wave. All I want to do,
> is to recreate the envelope of the lower 16 harmonics.
> Now you say:
> - What's the problem with that.
> And I say
> -I want to do it in real-time.

> SNAIL: Bjoern Fahller           Vox humana: (+46) 8 - 719 62 52
>        SWEDEN

What's the big deal?  I just spent the last two years of my life consulting
on a project to do a REAL-TIME 12.5MHz 32-bit complex FFT, up to 2 million
points.  Is that enough??  We've built about ten of them so far, and more
to come...  I don't know if you can quite afford the $250,000 price tag, but
hey!  You asked!  Regards...
						- Der
--
Reply:	dtynan@sultra.UUCP		(Dermot Tynan @ Tynan Computers)