[sci.electronics] line-disturbance recorder

In article <Sep.20.23.24.55.1988.13662@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
>Also, I'm looking for a cheap chart recorder for line voltage.  The
>place that I work is having problems with the computers getting nailed
>by power hits, and I'd like to check the history of each circuit to
>isolate the problems.  Unfortunately, it always happens at night...

A cheap chart recorder may not have the response speed to record brief
disturbances like spikes.  You're probably going to have to get something
more expensive, even if the final output ends up being on a cheap chart
recorder...
--
NASA is into artificial        |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
stupidity.  - Jerry Pournelle  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu